![]() |
| photo by rwangsa |
Chickadee has a new song.
It all started when she hit me over the head. No? You're not gonna believe that? Oh, right. I've informed everyone too too well of her abilities. Shame.
Well, I suppose it was my fault then. I was carrying Chickadee on one hip and our travel toiletries were on the floor. I needed something. I'm sure it was vitally important, but I have no idea what it was now. I bent down sideways. You know. The way that my mom taught me to bend over modestly in a dress. Chickadee doesn't like the blood rushing to her head suddenly and feeling like she's going to fall to the floor. With counseling, we've reach the modesty agreement.
This time, it wasn't a good plan. The toilet was right in front of me, and my cell phone hit my hip and worked it's way up and out of my pocket. Well, you know the rest of the story. I am so glad we have a warranty, and the lady was super nice enough to give us a new phone.
Because our computer is also on the fritz, I don't have access to Chickadee's favorite videos and songs. This isn't just me speaking. Her therapists practically beg me to come up with some sort of a solution. We spent an hour or two going over possibilities. I needed motivational ones for therapy, but I also need calming to help her unwind after a nightmare, or after a hard PT session.
This was both our favorite:
Her troubles truly do melt away. It's so sweet to watch. His voice is like a massage for my ears and yoga to my mind. It's been on repeat. Such a beautiful world.
What do you listen to that helps you unwind like nothing else?

Mmmm...Hawaiian music...nothing better to put you in a peaceful, happy, colorful mood. :)
ReplyDeletelOVELOVELOVE that song!!
ReplyDeleteI have my "mellow" play list and there are lots of songs on it...everything from Jason Mraz and Norah Jones to Jeff Buckley, James Taylor and CSN :-)
ReplyDeleteThat's one of my faves, too! Your blog looks groovy, btw!
ReplyDeletePrimary songs and a special rendition done called a Childs prayer: primary songs for bedtime. They are Heavenly and Jer loves them. The nurses kept headphones on his head through the night so that the NICu noise did not keep him awake since he was in the most critical area of the unit. The one that gets the new arrivals at all hours of the night usually.
ReplyDeletejack johnson... banana pancakes makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.
ReplyDelete