![]() |
| Photo by decorology |
Two seconds tops.
But, having had experience with a 'slightly' wet phone I knew what it meant. See, someone had told me that they slip their iphone into their sports bra while running. I'm warning you, this is an alien plot to expose those of us not yet infiltrated.
Either that or I've been identified as hosting an extrasweatacular parasite.
Could be either.
So, my business associate and I had a harder than usual time communicating. I was excited to see her, because we get along better than most. We finally caught up over email. I drove twelve hours to get here, and while there is a bit of family to see I needed to get a few things straightened out. The kind of things that can only be settled in person.
When I got there she had her office set up like a spa. Well, as much as an office can be a spa. Albeit she had an ambitious schedule outlined for us, we were both confident we could knock it out without a problem. Only.
I forgot my laptop. What was I thinking? So we did the best that we could with what we had and I was able to bring the pet project home with me. Sometimes it's better to get things done at the office while being completely unplugged.
In spite of my associate's junior assistant behaving somewhat jealously, I left feeling like I'd been to a full body masseuse. Do you have any business acquaintances like that? Yeah. I didn't think so. I am bragging.
Mr. Survival kept all the little survivalists for me, since he's been gone for two weeks. Do you know what it's like to be without Mr. Survival for two weeks? Of course not, never having had him. He is like a drug. It's better you not have to experience that kind of withdrawal.
Do you know what he said after I came home?
Mr. *SIGH*
Me. "You okay?"
Mr. "Oh. I'm just not used to this."
Me. "Used to what?"
Mr. "You know. What you do all day. Every day. I don't know how you do it."
Me. "Did the kids fight all day?"
Mr. "Oh, no. I didn't even see the older two hardly at all today."
Then I stopped because it might seem like I was rubbing it in. But I really couldn't help the smug little smile. I tried, but it wouldn't come off. Instead I gave him a hand massage grinning like mad.
Do you have anyone in your life that is like quiet meditation even while you laugh, joke and disagree? Tell me all about them. I'd love to know.

Sorry about your phone. Been there :( .
ReplyDeleteI do have someone who is like quiet meditation - it isn't my Mr...I love him dearly but he can get to the of my last nerve with alarming deftness! However, my closest friend Lisa, who is a lung cancer survivor 'mongst many other things is my softest place to fall. My most fervent wish is to be for someone else (including her and hubby) what she is for me.
so happy i don't own cell phone.. i bet i would have drowned it too...
ReplyDeletemy husband is constantly dropping his iphone in the toilet.
ReplyDeleteconstantly.
its become...weird to me :)
If only I had been prepared with crackers. You know. For THAT conversation.
ReplyDeleteIloveyouman.
The answer to your italicized questions is "No...at least not someone in human form." The only One is Him, although I tend not to disagree with Him at all. ;)
ReplyDeleteoh, and another thing. What is up with Miz's hubby and the multiple toilet drops?
ReplyDeleteWhite rice I once did the toilet drop and it later died a slow death.
ReplyDeleteMy journal, my family and yes him if its a subject we agree on.
Oh, no!
ReplyDelete