![]() |
| photo by Akiko@Flickr |
I saw a few really good ideas to keep my belly from growing. Stem the tide. Reinforce the dike.
I have a million more stupid analogies. I'm moving on though. I promise.
I drive a lot. We live in a small town. I've done the math and being reinforced by other Rett Moms, we have our mathematical solution. I need 23 hours in a day to do all the therapies, potty breaks, reading books, bath times, wardrobe changes (3+), 4 bottles, 3 pump feeds in the night, and play. Plus I need to sleep. I can eat at the same time as the kids and even cook magically, but definitely not sleep and get everything done.
I don't exactly have time to pack myself lunches yet. Someday I'll be that superhero. Someday someday soooomedaaaaaay.
But. Until that time there is this:
37 HEALTHIEST RESTAURANT BREAKDOWN
For those freakish days when I do get to be June Cleaver there is this:
PARENTSDISH TOP 20 COOKBOOKS FOR KIDS
Which one do you think I should invest in? I mean, as soon as we get our first paycheck. And after we buy everything we're depriving ourselves of now
You know what else stems the tide of my belly growth? Relaxation.

Can I donate some of my hours to you? Not that I have excess, but sometimes there are a few leftovers that I will package up for you.
ReplyDeleteEating/cooking bleh, it's overrated.
I was a little surprised to see Chik-Fil-A on there. I'm a vegetarian, but we OCCASIONALLY go there to grab a veggie breakfast sammich (just hold the bacon...sometimes smuggle in our own veggie bacon to top the eggs/cheese...how sad is that?) and to let the kids go nuts on their indoor play gym (great for rainy days!). That sandwich ALONE is pretty high in cals. We eat there and then do something outrageously healthy later on in the day...or right after we eat...to burn off those cals.
ReplyDeleteChipotle: couldn't live without it!!! I just skip the rice, cheese, and sour cream. SO GOOD!
Thanks for posting this! It was a great read!
I think you should contact the cookbook's publisher and request a review copy. Free :-)
ReplyDeleteYou are amazing, I cried when I read today. I read a few posts. Thanks for calling the other day. I am so blessed with wonderful giving sisters. I am so glad you are one of them.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the links. Not sure if you're aware of it but you are coming across as being a stronger person in your posts. keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteI’m finally reading this at the end of the day, and laughing a little at the juxtaposition of this with PGS today. No wonder you had to think about what to do with 3 months, when you’re running about a 7 hour deficit each day! (Assuming that your body would really, really, really like a full night’s sleep.) Keep your head up lady.
ReplyDeleteOh I wish that there were those eat places near me at times but no such luck.
ReplyDeleteI wish I could send you deep sleep moments because I know that is so needed.
Hugs girl your so super great.
Oh how I enjoyed this post. I have found that there is an amazing correlation between not really seizure, weird brain activity that is just rett and the amount of bad food that I eat. Then I got to go have lunch at Alice Waters place and it brought me back! After tasting food like it is supposed to taste, I have to encourage you toward her cookbook. I think that there is something about her philosophy that is not just good for the body but equally (if not more) for the soul. I have been away from the blogoshpere lately, I have missed keeping up with you!
ReplyDelete