Sometimes things can be pointy in life. Quite pokey in fact. With thorns.
Wandering about looking at other peoples' fluffy chicks and floppy puppy ears makes it worse. These people have nothing but weird looks for small pointy triangles.
So, life goes on. People get perfectly groomed lawns to go with their floppy puppies and docile hens that never make noise. Sometimes while everyone else gets perkier, life only accumulates more of the same pointyness.
It's nothing personal. Just mathematics. Or genetics. Or the order forming out of chaos.
After a time, it becomes futile to question why. It makes more sense to not tell people that the last time a silver lining was looked for it seemed to be made of slime. People like their euphemism to work, allowing them to exit the scene without contracting any thorns, slime or pokes.
So, it's better to jut let them. Let them go back to the things that they have, away from the things they don't want. To the wonderful, desirable things that everyone cannot have.
Until one day, it's different.
Maybe it's someone asking for help with slime. Or someone remarks that they like the shade of those thorns. It might just be something discovered in the mirror one day.
Suddenly it's breathtaking.
The pattern is unmistakable, so beautiful and unique. Even the thorns and color contribute to the overall picture. It doesn't make life any different than it was.
It just makes more sense.
Photo Credit

I love this and am stealing this:
ReplyDeletesometimes things can be POINTY in life.
its a perfect way of phrasing for me and FOR MY DAUGHTER.
she "gets" pointy.
Yes, it can be hard and pointy. Sorry it is pointy for you these days. I am thinking about you.
ReplyDeleteSo eloquent.
ReplyDeleteI'll bet that even the puppy ears people have their own versions of pointy.
But I agree - your pointy (and your slime) is beautiful. And yours.
I love you mucho.
So beautifully said.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed this, such a beautiful reflection to start my week on, thanks!
ReplyDeletebeautiful. it also helps me to know that everyone has or WILL have their thorns at some point. they could very well be completely different than my thorns and, in fact, i might not even see theirs as thorns, but they are, for them.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful post! It feels as if they are my own words for my own life and my own perspective. If you see the leaf by itself, it's pointy and jaggedly (yes, I made it up). But if you look at the plant as a whole, it's gorgeous and I wouldn't want to trade it. My life...
ReplyDeleteThank you for writing that.
It's called perfection... I'm always making sure my thorns are pointy ;)
ReplyDeleteLove this! Thank you for writing it & sharing. :)
ReplyDeleteWow. just... wow.
ReplyDeleteYou make the most pointed points and your soooo good at it. Love ya, life here has been too pointed for me at the moment and I can't even get to the dailymile. Miss you.
ReplyDelete