Skip to main content

Scent of Dying Beast

The question is:  Do you have your gas mask on?  Because if you don't, you want to leave right now.  The fumes are going to seep through the interwebs any instant now.  Plug your nose!

I felt it coming on yesterday.  Yeah.  Rumblings and threatenings all around.

Stupid Beast.

So yesterday I ate Leeks, Kale, Swiss Chard, (with onions and garlic and olive oil) But I also ate too too many black beans with tomatoes, raw garlic, raw onion beaten till frothy and creamy and spread on my Wasa.  I almost cried at it's similarity in texture to all my beloved toppings of old.  But it helped fill the need for a different texture.

To top it all off I ate boiled cabbage.  A couple bowlfuls.  Yup.

The BFG (My Roald Dahl)

So, I'm sure you can imagine what happened next.  Makes me wish I lived with the BFG in his Dreamland and whizpoppers are fabulous, fun and important.  Yup.  That would be nice.  It was the first time Hubbend asked how long I was going to do this diet.  Snicker.

I felt like I was torching everyone with my breath when I went to bed, so I used our new Waterpik.

Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser

Then I used our Listerine.

Listerine Antiseptic Mouthwash, Cool Mint - 500 ml (Pack of 4)

Finally I took the time to brush my teeth for two whole minutes.




Oral-B Professional Care 8850-DLX Electric Power Toothbrush(Two Power Handles)

I washed my face.  I let it SINK IN.

Noxzema Deep Cleansing Cream, Original, 14-Ounce Jars (Pack of 4)

Still, when I woke up this morning it didn't matter.  I had garlic breath, well garlic mouth really, and I felt stench emanating from every pore.  Not to mention the Whizbangs BFG would be proud of.

Good grief.

Car Freshener 50105 Little Tree Air Freshener-VanillaCar Freshener 10221 Little Tree Air Freshener-Ocean MistCar Freshener 10155 Little Tree Air Freshener-Black IceTree Air Freshener ASSTCar Freshener 10967 Little Tree Air Freshener-Pina ColadaLittle Trees Car Freshner Adult Halloween (L/XL)



Comments

  1. If you weren't so miserable it would be funny! Next time, try a little Beano or Gas-X. They really do help!
    Sending you hugs... long distance of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you fart under the covers? Because it stays concentrated until you lift the covers up. And you must lift up covers in timely fashion 'lest the fart aroma burn a hole in your leg. And you don't want that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you tried in every possible way to take the stank out of your system. Might just need a day or two to let the toxic a** clear itself..um naturally of course! Love the photos along with the post, hope you can put your gas mask away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, now that's an honest blog! Hopefully eating all that stinky stuff will be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! Hubbend and children beware of the stinky mom!

    Hopefully this will kill the bad germs once and for all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I reply to comments in email. Email me at

journey . beyond . survival at gmail . com
if you'd like me to reply.

Popular posts from this blog

It's Here

We got the moving truck rather unexpectedly. It's more expensive than Mr. Survival planned, so we're doing a lot of lifting, cardio, and squats. No. We're not doing the bootcamp in a trailer. We ARE moving things to the new garage, since we can't move in yet, but they're being kind enough to let us dump in a storage manner. Sorry. I'll have to beg your forgiveness and promise to update you. Eventually.

I Found True Happiness

It feels like I've become a detached voice, writing but not feeling on this blog.  I'm living a lot of things that don't fit neatly into my bloggable ownership file. Even now, I've spent an hour with this tab open to write a new post and I've done absolutely everything else possible.  For once I can't put a finger on what I'm feeling.  I don't fit into any definable box. On one hand, I'm spending an hour in therapy with Chickadee and another hour round trip three times a week. Mr. Survival is fighting off unemployment blues. We cannot shake things up and have me go to work. I'm not going to go to FitBloggin'11 . But, on the other hand, Chickadee is STANDING in the stander for minutes instead of seconds! Chickadee is grasping things momentarily for the first time in eighteen months. I'm so in love with Mr. Survival it's unbelievable. We are tighter as a family than we ever have been. I'm stressed and frustrated.  I...

Flying With Concrete

Today I wanted to write about my dreams. Full of hope and bliss and fulfillment. Yeah, I sound about as light as a bucket of cement. Ready to fly away. Hang on, while I toss out the top of the pile. Maybe that will help me find my lofty aspirations. Nope. Thing is, I'm remembering today that I'm afraid of heights. Really. Once Hubbend made me climb up three stories of scaffolding. Broke it all down for me and left me no other choice. Made me feel irreplaceable. Yes, we must remember that I am crazy friends. Leave it to me to feel important by being told to go up a towering structure of death. I did it though. And I even wired a speaker while I was up there. But I'm still afraid of heights. So. Do you wanna help me out today? For every comment that tells me something someone wants to be able to do that they can't do now I will do one minute of exercise. Really. Because of my child care situation, it will have to be tomorrow morning. So have at it. ...