- It's like having the cable guy come in a window only and hour and a half wide, but three days a week and sometimes twice on the same day.
- It's someone telling me I'm a great mother because I "let the house go" . . .
- . . . and let the kids have fun.
- It's having someone checking up on you five times a week.
- Only it's like telling someone with Alzheimer's because each therapist has a unique reaction.
- It's having five hours a week when Beansprout must be quiet and self entertained.
I'm having a little bit of empty nest syndrome. Chickadee and Beansprout start school August 13th and 18th. I know exactly what I'm going to do, and I'm very excited. I just like to mourn the end of an era.

I always felt just a bit guilty sending my boys off to school because I was happy for the freedom while the other moms stood crying. I still refer to the day my youngest hit first grade (and thus stayed past lunch) as mommy-freedom-day.
ReplyDeleteclickety clack clickety clack. I can already hear your fingers on the keys.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see what you do! I, myself am coming to the end of an era. All my kids will be in school all day, starting in August as well.
ReplyDeleteWhen John aged-out of Early Intervention and his at-home services I thought we were all going to fall apart. He's grown SO much in the year that he's been in his pre-school, though, and I'm actually excited for him to be able to go full-days in the fall. It helps that his at-home teacher from the EI days is a teacher at his school and there's a good chance he'll be hers again ... but even if he ends up in another full-day room I know that it'll work more wonders for him. I hope your girls get the same greatness!
ReplyDeleteOh yeah, I'm hearin ya!! I personally started volunteering at the school, and that is when I also started the cheerleading thing here (which was not so big Down Under) and then I took on more and more and more and now I am FULL!. So all that wonderful me time I had is no more. Don't do that. Just do what Mrs Fatass said and go clickity clickity click.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to hear about some of your adventures.
Oh - great photo!!!!
I think it'll be beneficial for you to get some "me" time...there is nothing wrong with that! You could always volunteer at the school a couple of mornings a week...there is always so much that the teachers need help with!
ReplyDeleteYou say how it is to get visted so nicely. I always felt invaded but knew I wanted the insight. Whats the deal with the voting it says you are number 2 I thought it ended on the 30th? My whole family is voting for you now it's all over thier facebooks and they text me telling me when they have done it during the day. So keep reminding everyone.
ReplyDelete