Well?
I got up today. Had a good seven and a half hours of sleep. I got in my walk, after a good deal of numb mind bargaining. I look at it as an investment in myself, not as a half hour of wasted time on the potty.
It's a three therapist day today. Not brilliant at all, but we'll live through it.
I hope.
I've got a new project that I'm working on, it's making me crazy. I love it. I hate it. But I love it ten times more. It's distracting me from your lovely blogs, and making my usual comments. Boo.
I've been great, minus one Saturday minor slip-up, on the no sugar dealie that I promised Drazil and Yum Yucky. I was hoping it would make a difference on the scale, even though I hinted it wasn't a big deal. It hasn't yet.
Giving up sugar is hard for me, so I expected the usual 2-3 pound insta-drop that I usually get. I'm really glad I have this new project I'm
Oh, I can be evil.
What are YOUR best diversions from your [diet] misery?
just a random thing I'd like to obsess about, but I'm not currently

The blog world is my best diversion! And anything I do out of the house: exercise, shopping, physical therapy. Some days I just need to go somewhere to get away from thinking about food. But what a conundrum with the blog world - I write and read about food and diets - the very thing I am trying to distract from!
ReplyDeleteOh honey, I know from obsession! I hear you loud and clear. I'm on day 5 of total clean food with no sugar or flour, and withdrawal is definitely upon me.
ReplyDeleteI'm with Karen - blogging is a good diversion. Sometimes it's prayer - as in "Please relieve me of this obsession/affliction because without Divine Intervention, I don't think I can handle it." Sometimes it works to just say to myself, "You're not having anything else, period." Any port in a storm that will take me in.
I know it doesn't make much sense (I think), but not eating sugar for so long makes me NOT want to eat it. Yesterday something weird happened and I craved it, but my no-sugar training gave me ample superpowers to tell it to shut da hellz up. Ya know?
ReplyDeleteOne of the best obsessions ever.
ReplyDeleteI've never been able to find a permenent diversion which is what I need, no doubt. In other words, what works one time: wait 15 minutes, drink water, take a walk, blog, etc. doesn't necessarily work the next. That's usually when I just freaking give in.
ReplyDeletelook at it as a lifestyle and not a diet.
ReplyDeleteReading a magazine or watching a good movie!! Wait...SWIMMING!!! Oh yea! Hope you're doing well!
ReplyDeleteStevia I tell you get some no calories, Lick the bottle you will make it through. SO count me as six votes today. All my older kids and hubby voted too. By the way your encouragment is amazing you even pushed me to make sure I got a few miles real running before I got in the car and did the driving miles. THANKS your great.
ReplyDeleteI'm with Josie/YumYucky. The longer I go without eating sugar and/or any other type of thing I crave, the less I want it...and the more disappointed I am in whatever it is if I DO have it.
ReplyDeleteAs for diversions? OMG...Twitter, Facebook, and reading other blogs are my top three...
You're a tease! What's this project you're working on? *gnaws on furniture legs in the time it takes you to answer*
ReplyDeleteAnd my best diversions? Getting REALLY into something else, like having a really good conversation with someone usually does the trick...but those're kinda hard to control for me. Ummmm...other than that, I's gots nothin'.
You're giving up sugar?? That's it - you are freaking SuperWoman in disguise aren't you? What else do you? Poop gold bricks? I've tried - I cannot do it (translation: I don't really want to)...but maybe my little JBS you have inspired me to try again!
ReplyDeleteYou know what? Obsessions are totally underrated. ;)
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately, nothing really distracts me from my food issues. :(
ReplyDelete