
Anybody ever drink from a sprinkler? Or seen a dog do it? That is what it is like to feed my little Chickadee. It's pretty funny. People sitting in front of us at church or even just hazarding to get in line in front of us at the library or grocery store have learned that lesson. Don't cut in line! HA!
I realized the other day that my glasses aren't getting spittle on them from some weird reversal of gravity regarding my flossing. Or from my hubbend's flossing. It's from her blowing constant Raspberries in my general direction. Because she loves me.
Some people know exactly what I'm talking about. Others are horrified. Then they are even more shocked when I joke about it. It's funny!
It's that or be offended. By their inability to understand. By their obvious disdain for my parenting-seriously, babysit for an hour-or our general unkemptness. I could really go on and on, and I've only been in it for a year. I prefer to laugh.
I like to try to tease her out of being offended. My Chickadee is quite smart you see, and will punish me for hours when someone is rude and I deflect with humor. I have to admit I like to bash inconsiderates in my head. But the truth is, life is too hard, short and challenging without our dose of humor. I bet I'll be the envy of all the moms when they see my raspberry kisses.
If not, who cares?
I sort of understand, my husband has narcolepsy and sometimes if a joke is really funny, he'll sort of slump over in his chair...people are horrified if I say something like "oh come on, that wasn't even that funny" I'm just teasing, this is my life, I gotta roll with it.
ReplyDelete@KatDoesDiets- I think that's it. I like to approach things with humor. It's part of me. I try not to be obnoxious, but then again things strike you funny the thousandth time. Maybe not the first. I'm trying to be kind. -obviously difficult for me- ;)
ReplyDeleteYou know what...there is nothing wrong with making lemonades out of lemons :) Better yet, it's totally positive to have a good positive attitude about things! You know, being miserable isn't going to ever make a situation better, only worse! Hang in there mama!
ReplyDeleteyou write the best comments
ReplyDeletethey make me feel great
im always smiling afterwards
thank you soooooo much
oh dont get me started on the raspberries lol
i know what or talking about gotta love the good old spit flying raspberries lol
and as for rude people
it is definately better to just laugh it off i agree with you whole heartedly
we were out the other night at a restaraunt and my hubby was tellin me how people were staring and i was amazed becaus ei didnt even notice and even after he said it i said why do you care he is being great
and my hubby was like oh yea
he forgets it never matter what others think it matters what you think about your life
positive attitude brings out the best things that we would all miss in this journey
and trust me a month ago i was depressed still about some things but this new attitude that i found somehow has made EVERYTHING IN LIFE BETTER in a matter of a month or so
I have so been there :)
ReplyDeleteYour attitude is so great!!
@Corletta- What a coincidence! I LOVE lemonade! Thanks chica.
ReplyDelete@BEE- You deserve every word I typed. I'm glad the perspective is changing for you. My has shifted slowly, as her world changed. Thanks!
@Lisa "One Mom's Weight Loss"-Do I sense a battle-tested momma?
Your post makes me miss those days with little tiny guys! I would think it adorable if your Chickadee blew raspberries at me, even if she sprayed it! What could be better. Some people need to loosen up about 200%. Baby spray is pretty benign! I love that you enjoy it!
ReplyDelete@Leslie-Thanks! Most people actually do feel like you. Even some that have given me crusties. I find-later-that they are usually just narrowing their eyes because they are trying to understand. Not because they are aiming laserbeams at me! Thank you!
ReplyDeleteIt's all about your attitude-and yours is fabulous!
ReplyDelete@karen@fitnessjourney- Thank you! Your blog was excellent today.
ReplyDelete