Chickadee has a test today.
I've seen a few new 'episodes' of staring
which aren't like the others.
She's more vacant during them.
She's not staring at something shiny
or otherwise distracting.
That means calling the neurologist.
Which means VEEG.
With the electrodes on for 48 hours this time.
While she always has an abnormal EEG, Chickadee has never had seizures.
But, Rett Syndrome has a very high risk for them.
All Rett children have an abnormal EEG by 4 years old.
But, 60% or more have seizures by age six.
So, it's kind of a big deal, but I've been trying not to think about it.
In order to further distract myself,
Please give me ideas on how to choreograph a dance.
To make the technicians laugh.
Wear (CLEAN) decorated little boy underpants on your head. Props are everything.
ReplyDeleteI agree with the underpants on head suggestion. And I totally read between the lines to understand that about 40% DON'T have seizures. Ya know what I'm saying?
ReplyDeleteOoh, I like the underwear idea, you could add to that a mask made with a panty liner, just cut holes out for your eyes and then stick it to your face!
ReplyDeleteOooh, I like what Yum Yucky says about the 40% that don't!
Hugs!
Hula hoops are always good for comedy! Might be unwieldy in a hospital though... So sorry honey. You and Chickadee are in my prayers - here's to 40%!
ReplyDeleteI'm all over that 40%! Along with the suggestions others made, I'd add sparkly pasties and a thong, worn over clothes, of course! ;-)
ReplyDeleteOh man... thinking of you and Chickadee.
ReplyDeleteWe had a sleep-deprived EEG after some really odd staring stuff that we suspected absence seizures... but it showed nothing, and luckily they disappeared after that.
Tests are no fun, though... hope Chickadee doesn't mind too much, and you get this all squared away so you can move forward.