Skip to main content

On the Road ... Again

SilviaAtWork


I'm bursting with things to write about, but today cannot be that day.  I have to drive right back down to that hospital for another appointment.  Thankfully it is only for a one hour appointment.  I'll just drive seven hours to do it.


Chickadee is meeting with a pediatric dentist that can deal with her inability to swallow water or other thin things, like dental paste or fluoride rinse.  She also has repetitive hand movements that could pose a tiny problem, even for the most practiced dentists.  So Chickadee must get cleaned and/or patched up under general anesthesia.  This appointment is to get the ball rolling and become a patient.

I'm also hoping that we can get in her physical therapy appointment, but it all depends on what time the dental appointment really is.  Because I have it on my phone, but in a really weird 'new' format.  More efficient.  HA.

More like confusing.

Please, tell me all about your Memorial Day!  I figured out how to get your dish gobbled up at a potluck.  Get out your favorite recipe and then make it pretty.  I made a Texas sheet cake (thin chocolate iced cake in a cookie sheet) and just dumped out two cartons of raspberries on top.  Pretty, and awesome and totally GONE.

That's a relief, because only a few bites ended up on my posterior.  Were you good?


photo credit

Comments

  1. I had a great weekend, soccer tournament (watched kid, not played), party at a friends and got outdoor work done.
    I now have one minute to get in the car to work, but I said "one more blog" and this was the one.
    Will be thinking about you and the Chick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Texas Sheet Cake! YUMMO!!!! I'd have eaten a lot of that had it been at our BBQ. Delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine was homemade lemon bars...YUM! I made two 9x13 pans, one was eaten at the bbq, and then when we met up with a huge group of friends at the park later I pulled out the other one just so I wouldn't have to bring it home! It was gone before we left the park - success!

    However, while I didn't eat all the lemon bars, I did eat a fair amount of carne asada at the barbecue...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I reply to comments in email. Email me at

journey . beyond . survival at gmail . com
if you'd like me to reply.

Popular posts from this blog

It's Here

We got the moving truck rather unexpectedly. It's more expensive than Mr. Survival planned, so we're doing a lot of lifting, cardio, and squats. No. We're not doing the bootcamp in a trailer. We ARE moving things to the new garage, since we can't move in yet, but they're being kind enough to let us dump in a storage manner. Sorry. I'll have to beg your forgiveness and promise to update you. Eventually.

I Found True Happiness

It feels like I've become a detached voice, writing but not feeling on this blog.  I'm living a lot of things that don't fit neatly into my bloggable ownership file. Even now, I've spent an hour with this tab open to write a new post and I've done absolutely everything else possible.  For once I can't put a finger on what I'm feeling.  I don't fit into any definable box. On one hand, I'm spending an hour in therapy with Chickadee and another hour round trip three times a week. Mr. Survival is fighting off unemployment blues. We cannot shake things up and have me go to work. I'm not going to go to FitBloggin'11 . But, on the other hand, Chickadee is STANDING in the stander for minutes instead of seconds! Chickadee is grasping things momentarily for the first time in eighteen months. I'm so in love with Mr. Survival it's unbelievable. We are tighter as a family than we ever have been. I'm stressed and frustrated.  I...

Flying With Concrete

Today I wanted to write about my dreams. Full of hope and bliss and fulfillment. Yeah, I sound about as light as a bucket of cement. Ready to fly away. Hang on, while I toss out the top of the pile. Maybe that will help me find my lofty aspirations. Nope. Thing is, I'm remembering today that I'm afraid of heights. Really. Once Hubbend made me climb up three stories of scaffolding. Broke it all down for me and left me no other choice. Made me feel irreplaceable. Yes, we must remember that I am crazy friends. Leave it to me to feel important by being told to go up a towering structure of death. I did it though. And I even wired a speaker while I was up there. But I'm still afraid of heights. So. Do you wanna help me out today? For every comment that tells me something someone wants to be able to do that they can't do now I will do one minute of exercise. Really. Because of my child care situation, it will have to be tomorrow morning. So have at it. ...