I was driving along, minding my own business yesterday when it hit me. A beautiful idea out of nowhere that makes so much sense! Has that ever happened to you?
It dovetails beautifully into where I'm going, what I want to do, and how I want to get there. Why didn't this occur to me earlier?
I started thinking about how Mr. Survival came up with what he wanted to do with his life to support his family and hopefully have fun. I started thinking about how much I had to do with any of those choices.
I could have had a lot more say. But, I chose to trust. I realized with that lucky wisdom of youth and inexperience that he would know better than I. We talked out his ideas, and I was pretty honest about what I needed. But, the decision was up to him.
This time I've been motivated by fear. Everything clenches from my teeth to my hands to my bottom and my toes when I think about running out of money. That is silly. We would be all right.
We would be all right.
Chickadee isn't going to die. Nobody is going to die.
I feel exactly like that beautiful but oblivious cow above. Duh.
And then I felt the rainbow arc above my head. The cobwebs wiped away and suddenly all the fights to adjust my attitude clicked into place. I need to trust my husband. He's doing a great job.
Then, I'm going to look into some school programs. I'm thinking a masters, whether it be in nursing or in speech pathology, I
I can actually help.
Duh.
photo credit

Isn't it such a relief when you realize it's all going to work out? I can't wait to see what amazing things you get yourself into!
ReplyDeleteI am so truly happy for you. I think I am a few steps behind you at the moment. Still sort of freaking out, knowing that I can do something to help and just not sure what yet. xx
ReplyDeleteWow. That is some realization/revelation. Good for you! I remember believing things would all work out, and feeling like I had a direction. That was nice...
ReplyDeleteI am glad that things are falling into place for you. I hate it when I get into those worrying streaks that keep me staring at the ceiling at night. Going back to school was fun, especially once I figured out how to study again!
ReplyDeleteYes. Been there. It's a huge decision to go back to school and then to work, but oh! The worry that goes away! The wonderful thought that I can HELP support our family instead of just doing the laundry every day.
ReplyDeleteIt was worth it.
You are a beautiful writer...you think that would make you any money? :)
ReplyDeleteMy friend is beginning a speech pathologist program, a lot of it is online.
Good luck.
I love "aha" moments! I think it is a great opportunity for you to focus on something that makes YOU happy and feels good about yourself. I have no doubt that you will be great at anything you set your mind to!
ReplyDeleteI have been considering going back to school...if I can just figure out what I want to be when I grow up. LOL. You can do it! Yay you!
ReplyDeleteWHAT A HUGE DECISION AND AN AMAZING ONE!!!!!
ReplyDeleteSchool as a grownup us really awesome. We have that "real- world" perspective. Congrats to you and your family.