Day 1
- Radio silence. Phone is dead.
Day 2
- Chickadee had physical therapy. Lots of compliments.
- I waited an hour, and gesticulated wildly for an hour.
- I got my phone replaced.
- Chickadee was an absolute angel.
- Whip kids into shape so they will whip the house into shape.
- Two bathrooms cleaned. Bedroom tidied.
- No dishes done. No picking up after kids.
- Mr. Survival too busy to talk.
Day 4
- Miss complains that I won't entertain our friends we see.
- Miss learns that a fairy isn't actually putting away after her.
- Sprout loses Browny the guinea pig and is scared to tell me.
- Mr. Survival travels to where there is no reception.
Day 5
- I'm wilting.
- Chickadee has therapy. Therapist could tell ZIP therapy happened.
- I use this FUN grocery shopping/couponing widget to make my list.
- I cry a little at night. (okay, a lot)
- Mr. Survival stuck wiring a house for his mother.
Day 6
- Preschool for Chickadee. Hallelujah.
- Panera lunch date. ALL BY MYSELF.
- Late to pick up Chickadee. Oops.
- All right day, but I miss Mr. Survival.
Day 7
- Appointment for Chickadee's braces.
- I'm so emotionally tired.
- I want to cry every time I slow down enough to think.
- I need Mr. Survival
Day 8
- He is home.
- Snuggles.
- Lock the doors.
- Drown his phone.
- Shut away the world.
So, I received some great advice a while ago from another blogger whose spouse travels. This happened a while ago. I wanted to share it, but not really give any specifics of when I'm alone. Life is hard when there isn't someone there to lean on. I'm so grateful we get him back!
Who is the rock in your life? The one that just breathing in the same space alleviates stress for you?
photo by Christy_B-)

lately I am my own rock.
ReplyDeleteMy husband is my rock. I complain a bit when he's around simply because he's a HE and he drives me mental .... but he also keeps me sane. I like a few days as a single Mum... then I'm screaming for my rock to return.
ReplyDeleteThis might sound irrelevant but did you find the guinea pig?
I am worn out just reading this!
ReplyDeletethanks for the meal widget! My hubby didn't travel very much when he was working thankfully, I had a hard time sleeping when he was gone.
ReplyDelete