Do you remember that whole fundraising doggie thing? Well, last Wednesday night, we had a wonderful outing. We all piled in the ole minivan. Chickadee was grumpy. She's not sleeping well since that sleeping study terrorized her.
I crossed my fingers and hoped she wouldn't scream at everyone. Including the guests of honor. We were on pins and needles.
We were invited to help the Trainer choose a dog. She brought four dogs. Two of whom are suited perfectly to Miss Chickadee.
Beansprout is going through a rough time. I think he would have stowed them all away in the back of the van. I checked twice to make sure he didn't. I wish that we could get him one just for him. But.
The boy is earning himself a guinea pig.
Mr. Survival loved one named Ace. I love Mikala. The trainer won't tell us yet which one she's getting. She's got to see how each dog responds to the training. We keep talking up the positive attributes of the other dog to each other. You know, to get ourselves used to the idea of the other dog
There will be visits. There has been a dirty bib left behind with the pooches. We are so so so so so so so excited.
Beansprout woke up Thursday morning and said, "I dreamed about dogs ALL NIGHT LONG!!!" And the rest of us beamed. We had doggie hangovers. We still do!
For more pictures see Chickadee's Facebook Page
Thank you for donating for Chickadee's service dog.

Im so so so excited for you as well.
ReplyDeleteYay, yay, yay!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd now, friend to friend, I will tell you (beg you, plead with you) to get something other than a guinea pig for Beansprout! We had one and she was the stinkiest poop machine on the planet!! Every time we took her out to "play", she left pellets of poop everywhere! Worst of all...guinea pigs EAT some of their poop! The vet told us it helps them replace some of their nutrients or something. Gross, I tell ya! *shudders at the memories*
Exciting!
ReplyDeleteWhoo hoo!
ReplyDeleteAwwww. Too cool for words.
ReplyDeleteOh so cool I personally hope its the Mikala I just like that name. Your doing amazing and WOW a guinea pig, hmm no comment. I did have one when I was little, but I only remmeber not having it very long not sure why. Boys do need something and thats gotta be hard to not let him have when she gets to have the understanding level just goes out the door on that one to him I am sure. Maybe he could help clean kennels at a place for a week or two and then he might not think its so cool. It cured my pretty girls need pretty fast when she was begging for one now she just gets made at C boys house doggy and shuts the door on him from entering her room.
ReplyDeletehehehe. I'm looking at the doggy's eye. We need a caption for what he's thinking. And good for Beansprout! (what's the guinea piggy's name?)
ReplyDelete