1. It's not my job to make anybody happy
- I can merely provide the tools
- they decide how to implement them
- 'It' is not my 'fault'
2. Sometimes to be 'nice' I have to be 'mean'
- there are natural consequences
- smarting off to me causes a loss of privileges
- depriving me of my personal time makes me nasty
- detachment from situations makes me nicer later
3. I need a schedule
- vague feelings of being imposed upon are hovering in my attitude
- I hate grocery shopping
- I avoid anything that leads up to grocery shopping (cooking, eating produce, meal planning)
- It's high time I wanted to play with my kids
- Blogging needs to be disciplined more desperately than my 5 year old hiding under the table
4. I want to redefine what makes me happy.
- what makes you happy lately?

Two days of warmer temperatures... signs of Spring... deciding that it's entirely possible that I am 'enough' just the way I am...
ReplyDeleteBEING FRIENDS WITH YOU. (Brownie points!)
ReplyDeleteAnd singing that F%*$&@^g Fireworks song, which is now stuck in the deep recesses of my brain, and has now forced me to admit that I am a closet Katie Perry fan.
And coffee. Lots and lots of coffee.
Not much, to be honest. Every time I find a little corner of happiness, something happens and I am driven out of it. Sitting in front of the fire was bringing me some joy, until yesterday when I was stoking it and and ember popped out and landed on my back, which I didn't know until I felt a stinging - it burned right through my favorite fleece pullover and my tshirt. So the fire and I are at odds right now.
ReplyDeleteQUIET makes me happy. although when people on Facebook misspell Quiet and use Quite instead, that makes me beyond unhappy. :)
ReplyDeleteImminent spring! Inner peace, on the rare occasions it visits. Hugs to you, JBS:)
ReplyDeleteMusic, sun, my kitties, my soon-to-be-grandson, warmer temps, myself.
ReplyDeleteExcuse me, but this post reads like an excerpt from a book I need to be reading. You should make that happen.
ReplyDeletewatching my 1 year old daughter reach milestones that her 3 year old sister with RS never accomplished...bitter sweet moments; stealing time for myself to workout; the warmer weather that promises spring is right around the corner and makes me want to drive down the highway with the windows rolled down and music blaring to John Mellencamp.
ReplyDeleteI love this post, I swear its straight from my head and my 7 year old would be rich if he had a nickel for every time I said "You're going to loose privileges if you keep smarting off" I'm serious, I use the same verbage! What makes me happy? Seeing my youngest dance, hearing my middle giggle, catching my oldest reading. :)
ReplyDeleteFeeling alive again, sleeping all through the night and no headache when awaking. MONDAY emails from far way boy. Watching kids reach goals, seeing them learn lessons even if its the hard way. Date night under the table. Green on the tip top edge of my willow tree, is it maybe getting close to spring even if there is snow on the ground! Tears when boys learn to drive and destroy but learn to be sorry at the same time. Watching pretty girl mature and get milkshakes but return to do chores showing her friends that she is obediant always even when she would rather being playing. And last but not least taking a min to excersise, blog, eat well, reevaluate my plan and even start over when we have two weeks of sick and I never get to go running at all.
ReplyDelete