Today, I am running the first day of the second week of training in the C25K program. I got last week done, but just barely under the crazy definition. I'm hoping my friend MrsFatass is still alive after her half marathon, and that my family survives a little bit of trauma.
Who am I kidding? I hope we don't have any casualties. Wanna know more?
Meanest Mommy Ever
I'm also over at my friend Morgan's blog today. Her daughter had surgery at the tender age of 16. Give her some support won't you? Surgery at such a young age, with such drastic recovery times is hard enough. At the holidays? Give me a break. Why do I identify with this? Besides the fact that I'm a member of the human race, I actually had this very scenario play out the day before Thanksgiving the year I was 15.
Different surgery, same situation. It BITES. So I wrote Morgan a letter, telling them both how to survive.
And don't be afraid to send her a supportive email here morganjoyner (at) ssctv (dot) n et
See you after the you jump!
xoxo
JBS
Who am I kidding? I hope we don't have any casualties. Wanna know more?
Meanest Mommy Ever
"She would never have a qualm sending you off to do something difficult. The meanest Mommy ever doesn't care if you're hurting. I think the meanest Mommy ever lives for your pain. It makes her feel better. I wish I was her today. . . "follow me over to The Peanut Gallery Speaks to see why.
I'm also over at my friend Morgan's blog today. Her daughter had surgery at the tender age of 16. Give her some support won't you? Surgery at such a young age, with such drastic recovery times is hard enough. At the holidays? Give me a break. Why do I identify with this? Besides the fact that I'm a member of the human race, I actually had this very scenario play out the day before Thanksgiving the year I was 15.
Different surgery, same situation. It BITES. So I wrote Morgan a letter, telling them both how to survive.
"Dear Morgan,
Morphine makes you do weird things. If your daughter happens to ask you, 'When is that helicopter ever going to land?' please hide your dismay. . ."Wanna know more about my morphine days? Click through here...
And don't be afraid to send her a supportive email here morganjoyner (at) ssctv (dot) n
See you after the you jump!
xoxo
JBS
clicking clicking....
ReplyDeleteThank you so much...after the night I had in the hospital, I surely needed this. Oh, and just for the record, Anna is only 11. Even more tender, I think. Although hopefully, by 16, she will have put most of this behind her and out of her mind.
ReplyDeleteYou are a busy lady!
ReplyDelete