It was better. Food was better.






She giggles and laughs in the appropriate places. Her eye gaze is longer, she is more social. She seems so relieved to have me back. Happy to see the belief in her reflected in my face again. It's like a gorgeous circle that lights up our day.
We went to Beansprout and miss THANG's Thanksgiving feast. I giggle inappropriately. It's just that it is completely socially acceptable to touch their faces in kindergarten. Their noses. Their mouths and their noses at the same time. Wiping away boogers.
miss THANG is the busy queen bee managing all of her friends. She is nice about it. I hope she is all the time. I'm kind of fascinated, because that was NOT me. Never. I'm glad she's popular.
But, I'm not out of the woods by any means.
I'm gonna keep trucking. Writing out that blog post really took what was bothering me from the back of my mind to the front where I can deal with it. MOst of all? You guys really buoyed me up. Thanks so very much.
I've been reading books to Chickadee and 'dancing' with her braces on so she won't cry as early. Her favorite books are:
She giggles and laughs in the appropriate places. Her eye gaze is longer, she is more social. She seems so relieved to have me back. Happy to see the belief in her reflected in my face again. It's like a gorgeous circle that lights up our day.
We went to Beansprout and miss THANG's Thanksgiving feast. I giggle inappropriately. It's just that it is completely socially acceptable to touch their faces in kindergarten. Their noses. Their mouths and their noses at the same time. Wiping away boogers.
miss THANG is the busy queen bee managing all of her friends. She is nice about it. I hope she is all the time. I'm kind of fascinated, because that was NOT me. Never. I'm glad she's popular.
But, I'm not out of the woods by any means.
I'm gonna keep trucking. Writing out that blog post really took what was bothering me from the back of my mind to the front where I can deal with it. MOst of all? You guys really buoyed me up. Thanks so very much.
and mine loves to read the very hungry caterpillar in the mishmashed kinda wrong way of a 4 year old.
ReplyDeleteOH that I could get it on video for you (and for me :)).
and you could sit back and just press play and relax...
Glad things are getting better:)
ReplyDeleteI loved reading books to my kids and I miss that special time together.
ReplyDeleteWould some FREE CHEESE make your day even better?
Yes,you won coupons for free cheese in my giveaway. Stop by and give me your mailing address so I can get them sent to you!
Congratulations!
"Her eye gaze is longer, she is more social. She seems so relieved to have me back."
ReplyDelete...she's love her Mommy. And I loved reading this.
I just wanted to tell you I stopped by your blog yesterday intending to comment and then I had trouble navigating b/c of a computer issue and so I read a little but I want to come back when things are working and I'm more patient.
ReplyDeleteI treated a girl with Rett syndrome when I was doing clinicals. I don't remember a ton about it, but I do remember from reading her history how important her parents were to her life/success. I remember feeling that she was one of the students who didn't gain a lot from us because her parents had things so well under control.