Skip to main content

Life

So.  I've survived the following:

  • packing up
  • moving out
  • 'camping' for a month in my old house
  • fearing my new house would be HUD worthy
  • finding a new house
  • moving INTO the new house
  • m-in-law arriving
  • Chickadee's surgery
  • sleeping in a hospital
  • driving a long time
  • more moving into the new house
  • unpacked
  • unpacked times 10
  • miss THANG got baptized
  • went camping for real with 20 out of state relatives
  • came home early
  • unpacked
  • unpacked
  • unpacked more
  • doctor's visit
  • last load of crap unloaded
And now?

Now I'm trying to reconnect with my kids.  Snuggling with Chickadee, doing homework with Beansprout and miss THANG.  I need to do better taking my crazy pills.

Mr. Survival put together my treadmill this morning.  I love that man.


My beautiful new house is finally mine.

It's peace.

Comments

  1. Sounds like a challenging time for sure - glad to hear you made it through. I truly hope you enjoy your beautiful new home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and you're suriviing and enjoying. VICTORY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are doing well. Moving is the worst and add all that other stuff....whew. I'm tired reading it. Good for you on the positive attitude. Keep that up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to see you back and alive and making it through. Have an amazing snuggle, homework moment and getting back on the eating taking med track. You will get back into control soon because your super at that. And by the way I missed you. Oh and that is an amazing feat to go camping in the middle of all that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY YOU'RE BACK BLOGGING, AND MOVED INTO YOUR HOUSE!!! ^_^

    I want pictures. :<

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moving alone is enough to drive me crazy, all that packing and unpacking and more unpacking. Doesn't it seem like you are unpacking FOREVER? You had alot more going on than just moving. Glad you made it through fine, enjoy the new house and the time with the kids.

    WTG Mr. Survival for putting your treadmill together. What a great guy. ((huggles))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I missed you babycakes. God I hate moving - ever. But then again it's the one time that the spot behind my fridge gets cleaned. LOL Snuggle up - it tends to make everything else better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad that you are still alive! And camping with 20 out of state relatives? In our family, someone definitely would have mysteriously gone "missing" in the woods. Way to not kill anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Look at all you've accomplished! Enjoy your peace! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoa! I can't believ3e you actually stopped to go camping during the living of that long list. I like the snuggling part the best. Go do more of that.

    PS. Take your crazy pills, yo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did all of that recently? I burned a bunch of calories just reading about it!

    Hope life slows down a little bit for you and you can just relax and enjoy the family.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I reply to comments in email. Email me at

journey . beyond . survival at gmail . com
if you'd like me to reply.

Popular posts from this blog

It's Here

We got the moving truck rather unexpectedly. It's more expensive than Mr. Survival planned, so we're doing a lot of lifting, cardio, and squats. No. We're not doing the bootcamp in a trailer. We ARE moving things to the new garage, since we can't move in yet, but they're being kind enough to let us dump in a storage manner. Sorry. I'll have to beg your forgiveness and promise to update you. Eventually.

I Found True Happiness

It feels like I've become a detached voice, writing but not feeling on this blog.  I'm living a lot of things that don't fit neatly into my bloggable ownership file. Even now, I've spent an hour with this tab open to write a new post and I've done absolutely everything else possible.  For once I can't put a finger on what I'm feeling.  I don't fit into any definable box. On one hand, I'm spending an hour in therapy with Chickadee and another hour round trip three times a week. Mr. Survival is fighting off unemployment blues. We cannot shake things up and have me go to work. I'm not going to go to FitBloggin'11 . But, on the other hand, Chickadee is STANDING in the stander for minutes instead of seconds! Chickadee is grasping things momentarily for the first time in eighteen months. I'm so in love with Mr. Survival it's unbelievable. We are tighter as a family than we ever have been. I'm stressed and frustrated.  I...

Flying With Concrete

Today I wanted to write about my dreams. Full of hope and bliss and fulfillment. Yeah, I sound about as light as a bucket of cement. Ready to fly away. Hang on, while I toss out the top of the pile. Maybe that will help me find my lofty aspirations. Nope. Thing is, I'm remembering today that I'm afraid of heights. Really. Once Hubbend made me climb up three stories of scaffolding. Broke it all down for me and left me no other choice. Made me feel irreplaceable. Yes, we must remember that I am crazy friends. Leave it to me to feel important by being told to go up a towering structure of death. I did it though. And I even wired a speaker while I was up there. But I'm still afraid of heights. So. Do you wanna help me out today? For every comment that tells me something someone wants to be able to do that they can't do now I will do one minute of exercise. Really. Because of my child care situation, it will have to be tomorrow morning. So have at it. ...