I've been working hard.
Can't you see?
My friend, Josie of YumYucky let me know that raking leaves can burn around 400 calories an hour.
Hooray!
I've been spending a LOT of time raking. Lots. It makes up for all the time being a stock still statue venting out Chickadee's burps.
My back.
My aching back.
D'you know whom I thought of while raking?
Yup.
Abs tight, back strong.
I might die.

While you're sleeping tonight, I'm gonna jump outta this bush I'm hiding in and jump in those leave piles. And then you can re-burn all those calories again tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteAnd might I add this bush in your yard is really itchy?
Girl! You better not be hiding out in my bushes. If you don't come inside right now! Well...I'm a gonna come in and getchew. You deserve a bed. With a comfy pillow, and slippers and stuff.
ReplyDeletePlease?
Yay raking leaves! Please don't die from it! I would be sad if you leaft me alone. >_>; *flees*
ReplyDeleteOh I want leaves like that, but I am sure that my boys would just destroy every rake effort I made. We only have lovely low lyeing sagebrush and there are no falling leaflets on them bushes. So glad that you burned some calories today.
ReplyDeleteok
ReplyDeleteOKAY
I HEAR YOU SAYING I SHOULD RAKE AND NOT...whine about not having gym time today.
duly noted :)
and the child shall adore.
xo
Are you alternating sides for the rake? I like to rake in one direction and I always use those muscles more and get super sore on one side!
ReplyDeleteYep Karen. I rake in a line. Then, instead of turning around, I just switch sides. Even and balanced. Believe me, my abs are telling me right now. ;)
ReplyDeleteAhhhh! Leaf Raking! Our leaves are still on the trees, but just starting to turn. I'll be out raking and shredding and piling into compost areas in a few more weeks.
ReplyDelete400 calories an hour, huh. Who knew!
Excuse me, but I'm listening to that nifty music box thingy on your blog. Jammin' to 15 second clips. Uh huh. Okay, and we listen to the same music. Just sayin'.
ReplyDeleteI raked today AFTER my gym session, and I, too, was dying. And you know what? They are oak leaves. I HATE oak trees. If the leaves fell from something like a maple, ok. But here I am, cleaning up after a yard full of trees I don't even like.
ReplyDeleteI love raking leaves other than the constant loud wheezing emanating from my lungs. Fall is hard for asthma. Great job on the raking and bonus exercise.
ReplyDeleteI love that we are able to burn calories doing more than slaving on the treadmill!!! HECK YES!!!
ReplyDeleteSo I'm back. And I see you STILL haven't put those raked leaves inside the leaf bags. Damn you, woman!
ReplyDeleteIt is a great work out! I think I burn a lot of calories in the Fall with all of our trees!
ReplyDeleteGreat job!