"Go ahead JBS. You've failed. Take a break."
I think that must be my internal dialogue. Do you know what happened today? I got my treadmill walk in. An hour and four miles later, I was ready to fail some more.
Nothing was good enough, and I did more today than I've been able to do in weeks. At least housekeeping wise. I did laundry ALL DAY LONG. Chickadee kept throwing up, and was unhappy. I needed to be giving her direct eye contact and playing games with her to be happy.
Hence the state of my body odor.
Furthering my inability to read my buddies' blogs, and get some inspiration.
So, my monologue said I failed Chickadee, the laundry, myself, and the entire universe. When I give myself permission to lighten up because I can't handle situations, I guess I feel the need to step things up. Actually, I'm going to own that. I don't take breaks well, I have to exceed my own expectations.
I have a stress headache that is getting worse. Worse in it's frequency.
I'm going to have to take two.
Treadmill. Less sugar (I succeeded at that today). And anything else that happens to get done, with the first priority being mommyhood.
I've been so inspired by all of you. How do you reinforce your ball dropping?
*photo credit

The better you become - by taking the time to care for yourself - the better you will be able to serve your family. And even though this is no balling drop with pretty Chickadee, in those times you can take some moments for yourself, you are renewing yourself - for you and your family.
ReplyDeleteAnd even with your self proclaimed body odor, I smell no stench of failure.
sometimes I dont.
ReplyDeleteI cant.
I fail.
it's ok.
I've been in full on failure for the last week. Honestly, it's still the best I can do. Tomorrow I will get up and see if I can do better. That's what I do. Each day try to do better. But sometimes, there are periods in my life when I'm in full on fail. Now is one.
ReplyDeleteHey ma'am!
ReplyDeleteIve missed you! Not that I have an answer to your question, but I would like to say something. Do what you can do! You can't do everything. Don't be too hard on yourself. If you recall, this is a famous phrase from one of the sweetest :)
Eh. Just pick up and keep moving. That's what I do. I mean, what else IS there to do?
ReplyDeleteJust get back up and "do the next thing"..whatever it is.
ReplyDeleteMaybe just do good it the parts that count. Huggs and lots of them.
ReplyDeleteRemove the word fail from the vocabulary. There is no such thing as failure. Just a different result that what you were hoping for. That's all.
ReplyDeleteAnd you're still inspirational.
You helped me to press the GO button on my gym membership.
Thanks :)
Off for my first session right now.
Happy raking!!
L