This is one classy lady that needs no introduction. She is MizFit. She's filling in for me on MissTHANG's birthday. Thank you, and hugs and kisses!
(a brief and honest rant about why I love the iron. People are always always asking me . . . )
When I lift weights I know that I’m not, in that moment, thinking about how I’ll look in my sleeveless top, but focusing upon how powerful I feel.
When I lift weights I know that I’m not, in that moment, ruminating on boosting my metabolism and shedding fat, but on how I am growing stronger and *bigger.*
How, as a result of my iron hoisting, I now take up MORE space in the world. How I’m far less likely to be ignored or overlooked.
Through weight lifting I have shed my insecurities and become more empowered in all areas of my life.
I trust my instincts more, I speak up without fear, and I have learned that saying NO and setting boundaries isn’t going to cause the world to come to an end.
For me weight training is about being heard, feeling empowered and knowing that I am capable.
And you?
You smitten yet?
You decided to join me in my love of the iron?
How are you squeezing in some weight training today?
Please to hit us all up in the comments.
(a brief and honest rant about why I love the iron. People are always always asking me . . . )
When I lift weights I know that I’m not, in that moment, thinking about how I’ll look in my sleeveless top, but focusing upon how powerful I feel.
When I lift weights I know that I’m not, in that moment, ruminating on boosting my metabolism and shedding fat, but on how I am growing stronger and *bigger.*
How, as a result of my iron hoisting, I now take up MORE space in the world. How I’m far less likely to be ignored or overlooked.
Through weight lifting I have shed my insecurities and become more empowered in all areas of my life.
I trust my instincts more, I speak up without fear, and I have learned that saying NO and setting boundaries isn’t going to cause the world to come to an end.
For me weight training is about being heard, feeling empowered and knowing that I am capable.
And you?
You smitten yet?
You decided to join me in my love of the iron?
How are you squeezing in some weight training today?
Please to hit us all up in the comments.
I love the taking up space idea. Taking up more space in the healthier way. I used to take up a lot of unhealthy space. Not just physically but emotionally and mentally too. I take up less space but that space that I occupy is stronger, more defined. That space mentally is filled with I can not I can't. Emotionally that space is occupied by definition (both in who I am and the muscles I am growing)...
ReplyDeleteI may occupy less space but I occupy way more than I use too!
I used to think that weights were a necessary evil to ward off running injuries, but now I like my weight training days too. I feel strong and powerful and I like the instant gratification of completing a tough set.
ReplyDeleteI must confess that I do admire how my arms look in the mirror. In fact, when I am doing weights that's probably he ONLY time that I really look at ME in the mirror and LIKE what I see.
Iron is my prozac, too! Now where are those t-shirts?? ;-)
ReplyDeleteMizfit is off the hook! Does not surprise me that she pumps iron in the grocery store.
ReplyDeleteHAPPPPY BIRTHDAY MISS THANG!!!
ReplyDeleteCarla, you know that I understand every word you say on this subject as I am with you & have been since my 20's! LOVE THE WEIGHTS!!!!
ReplyDeleteI am in love with weight training now too. I miss it when I'm not getting it in...but really, all I could think is ahahaha, I want to go grocery shopping with miz carla ;)
ReplyDeleteI was smiling, imagining the other people in the store watching your workout Carla:) Hey to JBS!
ReplyDeleteI love the changes that I've seen in my body due to the weight lifting I've done for the past few years, as well as the strength that I feel when I'm liftin' those weights! Next trip to the grocery store, tho', I'll be lunging down the aisles!
ReplyDeleteI wants to be sexy in my muscles. Give me sexy 'lest I be forced to wear flannel nighties down to the ankles to cover it all up!
ReplyDeleteI don't think I've lifted much since surgery. I need to get back to it. I'm not even lifting as much of my own body any longer.
ReplyDeleteWOW!!! That was awe insipring!!! Made me want to get back to my weights immediately.
ReplyDeleteI'm so with you miz, only from the other perspective. I take up *less* space from lifting because I have become more dense. I call lifting my secret super power because I know I can kick azz.
ReplyDeleteSo cute - I love the way you end the video!
ReplyDeleteBecause I lift specific iron (kettlebells) and because I got my very own nickname (thanks to Half Of Jess) I made my own t-shirt: MizKettlebellAssKickerButter :-)
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to do snatches with watermelons at the grocery store!
Huh, I got some strange looks while walking through the grocery store curing a gallon of milk. Of course those that know me were not disappointed to hear I gave equally strange looks back. That I did for fun, the curling I did because I was in the zone you could say, and nobody was going to look me out of it.
ReplyDeleteFor me, I love lifting weights because of the feeling of synchronicity between breathing and motion. It's akin to yoga and makes me feel centered.
ReplyDelete