So, when I saw Christine from My Long Hot Summer Challenge's like to THIS site, I was excited! Turns out it's starting October 1st, and there's still time for everyone to enter. If you do it soon. Like it HERE on it's Facebook page, and we'll all have a ton of fun together.
Even if you decide not to do it, I hope you'll bear with me. Because of the Beast, I'm going to have to go sugar free through at least the New Year. I should be able to have fruit in a couple more weeks or so, and some dairy and normal carbs. It's going to be really hard though.
Speaking of the Beast, it seems to be working.
Hallelujah!!!
So after I finished writing this post, I immediately went and ate a bowl of date pie with ice cream, a gourmet carmel apple, and a candy bar. I kid you not. Nor do I exaggerate. I'm so relieved to have the Beast taken care of, but I'm stressed out to the max. Between sick kids, needing to move ASAP, and Chickadee's impending surgery, I guess it was too much for me. I've done excellent for a week on the most restrictive eating program I've ever attempted.
It's time to allow in something else. I don't know what exactly, fruit, or dairy, but SOMETHING. So, unless what I ate yesterday causes a huge flare-up, I'm going to do that. Or at least allow some of the starchy veggies I'm avoiding. My stress levels can't take feeling like my brain is dehydrated.
Thank you to @MizFit and KCL Anderson for your support. It really helped me. Love you both.
who helps you most on your journey?

you and I are kindred spirits.
ReplyDelete#thatsallImsayingonapublicforum :)
You do. And I'm calling you today. Like, on the phone.
ReplyDeletedate pie? I'm stuck there. But I do vote for you to let the fruityness in. Just a 'lil.
ReplyDeleteBless your heart dear one, I don't know how you do what you do!
ReplyDeleteWho helps me the most on my journey?
Well first I have to say that I do, yes me! I will take credit for giving myself pep talks, doing what I need to do to have success and continuing to be positive and forward moving.
Is that bad? I hope not. Next on the list of support would be hubby. He listens to me talk about my eating and exercising and he applauds my success and he will do whatever I ask of him in order to help me stay on track. I am blessed that he is so understanding.
Next would be other bloggers. It helps to know I am not alone in this journey of winning at an eating disorder. Knowing that others are having success helps keep me focused and feeling like I can do it too. Knowing that others struggle but continue to get back up and try again gives me courage to do the same.
Glad to hear things are under control. I can certainly understand why you would have hit your limit. Just go back into it all slowly and maybe you can pin point what flares things up.
ReplyDeleteXOXO cuz you need it!
You are always in my prayers, and will be even moreso right now, dear. I am glad to hear that small battles are being won, and so will the war. Hugs to you!
ReplyDeleteI was just thinking about you and the Beast and wondering if (hoping) you'd found some relief...
ReplyDeleteAnd yeah, I'm with Yum...(date pie??). Add in some nice fruit. I've been really enjoying fruit this summer and fall and not feeling guilty about it. I remember one day I was at the store and I saw some golden cherries. I'd never had them before and so I asked a woman standing next to me if she had, and if so, what were they like? She said they are slightly sweeter than regular cherries, but that she doesn't eat fruit any more because of the calories. I have to admit that I gave her a big old @@ (that's an eye roll) inside...
There are so many who have helped me on my journey...my husband is number one, my BFF Lisa (we've known each other since 6th grade), my sister Holly...and then I've got my online friends...some of whom I've known for 10+ years. And then the newer ones...like you and the rest of this freaking amazing community. I've been so filled up with love in the past year and it's been an incredible blessing. I don't know how to appropriately express it.
The enormity of it was brought home to me just the other day when I mentioned on Facebook and Twitter that I had lost my dear kitty Claude...and people who had recently had HUGE losses in their lives, like fathers and aunts and dear sister-in-laws, related to me as if my grief were just as valid as theirs...wow.
So yeah...the love you take is equal to the love you make.
Holy crap - this is serious. MF threatened to call you. She means bizness. Oh hon - hang in there but my God - thank the Lord the beast is gone.
ReplyDeleteAnd tnx for the shoutout. ;)
ReplyDelete