I was attacked by a monster. That's why I didn't walk 4 miles yesterday. It stalked me. Stared me down from the hallway. So I nervously wrote yesterday's post and chewed a fingernail trying to will it into leaving. I hate monsters.
Then it ran at me.
I did not scream. I stood my ground. But it still came toward me.
I tried being really loud. I stomped on the ground, turned on the treadmill, turned up some loud music. It came at me again. Stinking monster circled me in the room like it owned the place. Then it ran under the treadmill.
I was too scared of it to stop itching my ankles.
And my neck.
And scratching my scalp.
Before I knew it, it was time to get Beansprout and miss THANG up and ready for their second day of school. No walk. I left the monster to make it's den under my treadmill. I sulked all day. Chickadee had to be fitted for some arm braces which took 3/4 of my day to drive there, see the doctor, and drive back. I even (shame) comforted myself with a new tiny mini blizzard from DQ. *sigh* I then spent 1/8 of my day going over every inch of a house we're looking at, and the last 1/8th foraging for food at the store, then throwing it down on the table for my family.
Stinking monster has disrupted my peace. I'm mad at it. Grrrr.
I'm going to go to my healing place today, and take it BACK. Even if I have to slay the beast.
Then it ran at me.
I did not scream. I stood my ground. But it still came toward me.
I tried being really loud. I stomped on the ground, turned on the treadmill, turned up some loud music. It came at me again. Stinking monster circled me in the room like it owned the place. Then it ran under the treadmill.
I was too scared of it to stop itching my ankles.
And my neck.
And scratching my scalp.
Before I knew it, it was time to get Beansprout and miss THANG up and ready for their second day of school. No walk. I left the monster to make it's den under my treadmill. I sulked all day. Chickadee had to be fitted for some arm braces which took 3/4 of my day to drive there, see the doctor, and drive back. I even (shame) comforted myself with a new tiny mini blizzard from DQ. *sigh* I then spent 1/8 of my day going over every inch of a house we're looking at, and the last 1/8th foraging for food at the store, then throwing it down on the table for my family.
Stinking monster has disrupted my peace. I'm mad at it. Grrrr.
I'm going to go to my healing place today, and take it BACK. Even if I have to slay the beast.

Oh that is too creepy! I would be screaming for my husband to come kill it for me!
ReplyDeleteEvery 1-2-3 notch on that special ruler measures a FOOT, right. So that monster looks to be almost 3-feet long.
ReplyDeleteDQ has tiny mini blizzards!? How about I eat one too, so you feel better about it. (not kidding)
You could totally not workout where I workout bc for some reason, there are spiders all over. And not little baby spiders, but big brown ones. Yucky poo!
ReplyDeleteEeeeeek!
ReplyDeleteHere, we have GIANT roach like bugs that get in, especially when its rainy...soooo gross!
And, thanks for making me think about baby blizzards now...I dare not tell hubby!
Um, I think you actually scared that sucker into MY house because it was in my basement just last night. But don't worry, though, it's now safely far away in the plumbing pipes.
ReplyDeleteYou can thank my husband for his efficient disposal skills. (He DID get the willies though... it was THAT big!)
Ummmmm ewwwwwie!!! Can handle bugs but spidies are just the grossest! Hope you get/got him!
ReplyDeleteI am not joking when I tell you that I went to go out my back door this and there was big, fat, black spider attached to the screen. Turns out it was a jumping one it sort of boomeranged off the wall of the house and got inside! I had to go so that I could get my run in so I had to leave it there. When I got home, I grabbed the broom and I swear I can't believe I didn't wake up the neighborhood with my screaming and yelping. Took me about 10 minutes but I got it back outside somehow. Phew.
ReplyDeleteAnd, I sincerely hope it is spiders you are actually writing about here... I wouldn't want to think that you are dealing with any other sort of monster...
ACK!!! I had one of those charge at me when I got out of the shower once...a long time ago before I was married. And I went and got some bug spray and sprayed it on him (I don't know why I assume it was a him). And he charged at me some more. And I sprayed and sprayed. He was coated with icky poison bug spray and he finally convulsed and died. But it was just like one of the scary movies with monsters that don't actually die!!
ReplyDeleteHoly crap, I would have moved!!!!
ReplyDeleteWe get these things called "Cave Crickets" - big, black, JUMPING, nasty things - they have chased me in my house more than once!!!
So I guess you won't want to visit my house then. We have Huntsman spiders (completely harmless) that seem to come into our house whenever American guests arrive. They are big and brown and hairy. About the size of a child's hand. We just catch them and put them back outside ...
ReplyDeleteGot your question about the raspberry salad... I'd say that if crunchy is hard on your teeth, then slice thin! I'm a little sensitive too but was ok with it. Give it a try... if all else fails, blend it into a smoothie!
ReplyDeleteAhhhh!!
ReplyDeleteahhh my minions get everywhere
ReplyDeletelooks like M397 he just wanted you to let you know it was time fer a treat and break fer the day is all ;-)just tell him that his mistress The BlackWid0w says hes to let you get back to your routine. hes only there to look after you ;-)
I'm not a fan at ALL of spiders! Yuck and yuck. I haven't had a DQ blizzard in ages, but we did just make homemade ice cream on Sunday. It was decadent!
ReplyDeleteYeah, that would scare me too! I hope you destroyed the monster and are able to get back to your routine!
ReplyDelete