I'm thrilled to report that Beansprout and miss THANG are happily employed in school. I also worry. I'm plagued frequently thinking of my little Beansprout being forced to get along with rules. He is headstrong, and hates to be asked in certain ways. He's more stubborn than a mule.
I'm rather attached to the little fellow, it turns out.
I'm hoping he'll get along. Learn to follow the rules and get a little bit ahead of the game. He's a middle child. I figured out how to skate along in that undercover middle place that kept me out of trouble. I hope he won't get in too many fights, he's apt to take on bullies you see. I don't want him getting a reputation for a bad boy, when he's usually just taking up for the underdog.
As for me, I hope to do the same. Get my butt into gear and get into a groove. In the groove I don't notice how hard it is, because the maintenance makes it smoother.
Getting out of the groove is what makes it harder to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Because I have to get out of the rut over the bump and back into the groove.
I'm rather attached to the little fellow, it turns out.
I'm hoping he'll get along. Learn to follow the rules and get a little bit ahead of the game. He's a middle child. I figured out how to skate along in that undercover middle place that kept me out of trouble. I hope he won't get in too many fights, he's apt to take on bullies you see. I don't want him getting a reputation for a bad boy, when he's usually just taking up for the underdog.
As for me, I hope to do the same. Get my butt into gear and get into a groove. In the groove I don't notice how hard it is, because the maintenance makes it smoother.
Getting out of the groove is what makes it harder to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Because I have to get out of the rut over the bump and back into the groove.

this is food for thought for me as I tend to think when Im TOO firmly ensconced in the groove---its becomes a rut.
ReplyDeleteI have been enjoying my weeks out of the groove... maybe a little too much. I see myself trying for some sort of groove after our vacation.
ReplyDeleteYour description of the Beansprout could have come out of the mouth of my mother-in-law describing Mr. Helen. Somehow my Mr. survived it all including other folks way of asking. But, to this day, he will still take on a bully. It's a tender heart thing. Which is a good thing.
I totally lost my groove this morning. Kid's first day of school 'n all. They obviously didn't sleep in. The house was not quiet at 6am for me to have my only peace for the day. Now I have to wake up an hour earlier just to get an escape and reclaim my groove. I also dreamed that my child was lost and I couldn't find him. That had me all messed up in the brain when I woke up.
ReplyDeleteYou can do this!!! I can wait to hear about your having gotten out of the rut and over the bump!!!! By the way, I love that you love your children!!!
ReplyDeleteI remember those days when the kids went back and life started to seem a little more manageable - until all the forms, conferences, Back to school nights, practices....
ReplyDeleteI'll be rooting for you finding your groove that isn't so deep as to become the rut about which Helen spoke. It's about balance, which is a very elusive quality for me!
Wishing you well getting back into the groove of things. It can be a good place to reside.
ReplyDeleteYour bean sprout sounds like my hubby as the middle child.
I adore little boys and how they love their mommies. My 20 year old little boy is a delight! Enjoy every moment as they grow up way to fast.
Yep - that groove thing. I'm glad to be back in, finally. I was a middle child too and my mother still laughs about how I was mad at her for that for years. My teen started his senior year of high school today. It has taken me almost this long to mostly stop worrying about it all. Mostly.
ReplyDeleteHeadstrong is good as long as you can direct them the right way. My second to youngest already has sat in the principles office while in kindergarten. It's a very hard transition to make. Just try to be involved in school as much as possible so you can really tell whats up. Yeah look at that voting number staying at number one.
ReplyDeleteYep... ruts, bumps, grooves... all part of life! They keep it more interesting, don't they?
ReplyDeleteMy kiddos don't go back to school until somewhere around Sept 7th or so... so it's still summer around here! I am looking forward to the routine of fall starting up again, but not the routine of 'comfort foods'!
My little one starts PreK next Tuesday and I am worried about him also. I am hoping he plays by the rules and shows he knows good manners. Only time will tell...
ReplyDeleteI'm sure you'll find your groove again! I'm glad to be back into my schedule of things. Drop off at school and hit the gym!