Skip to main content

Splat Me


Yesterday was a long hard day.  No hour long walk yesterday morning.  Beansprout had nightmares and Chickadee had a party afterward.  So it was a long difficult night Sunday night too.

I went, did the test and talked the test over with the specialists.  It's time for Hubbend and I to get on the same page and make some decisions.  It's stressful, it's a lot of pressure, but at least it's not wringing hands anymore.  I like it when there is something to be done much better than when there are a lot of vague possibilities that all look bad.  So, there are a lot of phone calls in my immediate future as I research, make appointments and find out how much good I can do out of one difficult choice.

miss THANG and Beansprout seem like angels in retrospect but drove me to distraction in the moments that I was trying to talk to technicians, nurses, and specialists.  They earned their restaurant and lunch of choice, but just by the skin of their teeth.  Chickadee was worn to a frazzle, as was I.  I came home and I felt like this:




So we had cold cereal for dinner.

And we went out and rode bicycles in circles for an hour.  This is what I got.


*photo by TBSteve*

Comments

  1. may today be a better day.

    xo xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's working through those bad days that strengthens us the most. But I pray that you will be lifted up today and that your burdens be light. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got through it! And today will be better...hopefully. (I'm not the most optimistic person) Making hard decisions when it comes to our children is mega stressful. I can't relate to exactly what you are dealing with, but my daughter had years of physical/occupational therapy and had surgery when she was 4 (and the decision was primarily mine to make) and it was so stressful! And there are still issues today that we deal with (she's 9). I realize your situation is different, but you seem to have a lot of support....hang in there! As for yesterday, your kids will probably remember most that they got to ride bikes with mommy for an hour and how fun that was over everything else. And we totally love cereal for dinner. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers for you...and plenty of (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope all turns out well for your family. I think of you often and pray for you daily.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I reply to comments in email. Email me at

journey . beyond . survival at gmail . com
if you'd like me to reply.

Popular posts from this blog

It's Here

We got the moving truck rather unexpectedly. It's more expensive than Mr. Survival planned, so we're doing a lot of lifting, cardio, and squats. No. We're not doing the bootcamp in a trailer. We ARE moving things to the new garage, since we can't move in yet, but they're being kind enough to let us dump in a storage manner. Sorry. I'll have to beg your forgiveness and promise to update you. Eventually.

I Found True Happiness

It feels like I've become a detached voice, writing but not feeling on this blog.  I'm living a lot of things that don't fit neatly into my bloggable ownership file. Even now, I've spent an hour with this tab open to write a new post and I've done absolutely everything else possible.  For once I can't put a finger on what I'm feeling.  I don't fit into any definable box. On one hand, I'm spending an hour in therapy with Chickadee and another hour round trip three times a week. Mr. Survival is fighting off unemployment blues. We cannot shake things up and have me go to work. I'm not going to go to FitBloggin'11 . But, on the other hand, Chickadee is STANDING in the stander for minutes instead of seconds! Chickadee is grasping things momentarily for the first time in eighteen months. I'm so in love with Mr. Survival it's unbelievable. We are tighter as a family than we ever have been. I'm stressed and frustrated.  I...

Flying With Concrete

Today I wanted to write about my dreams. Full of hope and bliss and fulfillment. Yeah, I sound about as light as a bucket of cement. Ready to fly away. Hang on, while I toss out the top of the pile. Maybe that will help me find my lofty aspirations. Nope. Thing is, I'm remembering today that I'm afraid of heights. Really. Once Hubbend made me climb up three stories of scaffolding. Broke it all down for me and left me no other choice. Made me feel irreplaceable. Yes, we must remember that I am crazy friends. Leave it to me to feel important by being told to go up a towering structure of death. I did it though. And I even wired a speaker while I was up there. But I'm still afraid of heights. So. Do you wanna help me out today? For every comment that tells me something someone wants to be able to do that they can't do now I will do one minute of exercise. Really. Because of my child care situation, it will have to be tomorrow morning. So have at it. ...