Someone stuck a knife in my back and forced me to walk stiffly down the plank. Every muscle was tensed, and I could hardly get my legs to obey my brain. If it hadn't been for the knife, I probably wouldn't have been able to do it. I didn't keep my legs crossed. I've never been good at that. Needless to say, I'm sore.
Really sore.
Wait a second. I think I was the one that volunteered to do the plank in the first place. Do you know what a plank is? No, a real life one that is relevant to this hemisphere. Yeah that one.
OW!
Those things hurt! They are despicable weapons of torture. I feel like I really did tumble off the plank and torque in the water, but it's been a few days. Man. I felt like I was going to cry during my workout. It lasted for what seemed like decades and now I'm embarrassed to admit that it was only ten minutes. I literally had to talk myself down and convince myself that labor had been worse.
So that is why it is now my goal to do that workout three times this week. In addition to getting my twenty miles in for the first time in six weeks. See:
I'm excited. I really am. I heard it in my own voice as I was filling in the void of silence with Hubbend on our date. I want to get 20 miles this week. I want my abs to kill me. It sounded like I was chasing a Pulitzer or Mother of the Year. He laughed at me and I didn't care. That's when we both knew that I'm plugging back into life again. Slowly. But I am getting my feet back under me from Chickadee's last regression.
Feels real good.
What are you going to do this week for your body?



ok Im kinda laughing as I did announce to my husband this past weekend that I MUST PLANK.
ReplyDeleteearly and often :)
my low back has been screaming at me and I know thats the cure.
not more cowbell (know it?)
Miz.
Planks.
ReplyDeleteYep. I'm not kidding. I've been doing 100 crunches 3-4 times a week and see nothing. Planks are the new crunch.
I read that planks are the most affective, along with bicycles. Once I get back to yoga class I will be doing planks again. Somehow I seem so unmotivated to do them on my own:(
ReplyDeleteWhen life hits you with a 2x4 it is so hard to re-focus. Congrats on "plugging back into life". It's so hard, but so important too. You are STRONG and INSPIRATIONAL! This week I'm following week 2 of the 'beginner's guide: 6 weeks to a 5K'! I've signed up for my 1st one...yikes. So far my body is not thanking me.
ReplyDeleteI love the plank! Yes they are hard but so worth it.
ReplyDeleteMy goal has been to do all "real" pushups in my Muay Thai class. I haven't made it all the way through yet but I will! It's just kind of hard when they have us do 300 during the course of the class. Not all at once - the other day the sets were 25, 50, 50, 75, 100. Even sets don't help because by the last 150 or so I'm back on my knees doing it girly style.
The only thing I CAN do right now is eat well and hydrate. I am praying that the day comes soon that I can join the land of the workouts again....I can't believe how much I want to do it now, after avoiding it for so long.
ReplyDeleteI am glad I have you to inspire me : )
Welcome back! You are so on track! Planks are pure evil. :) This week it is my goal to walk/jog a 5K everyday!
ReplyDeleteI so need to plank! I so hate the planks! But they give amazing results.... Gonna do it starting TODAY !
ReplyDeleteAwesome job on the 20 miles! I have slacked off on my mileage.. Need to pick that back up again.
You have motivated me !! THANK YOU !
Have a great day !!!
Seriously. I hate planks. They were invented by men - I know this because everything I hate was invented by men. Thongs. High heels. Panty hose. Sex. OH crap - I didn't mean that last one. Oh forget it - I'm done. I just wanted to say if you do planks you're my hero. THat is all.
ReplyDeleteWhoa! That plank is intense! High 5!!
ReplyDelete