A very good friend of mine came and watched all the kiddos for us and we got a date. She is fabulous, and I don't get to talk to her much. We used to 'work' together at church in the childrens' organization, and we'd talk all the time. I miss her.
I told her about this blog. She thinks all of you are great after she read it. We agreed that this is better than therapy, and a nice supplement to husbands.
Speaking of whom, we just went to a movie, "Knight and Day" which was hilarious and made things better. It's wonderful to laugh together. Hubbend claims that we don't know how to date anymore. All because we were quiet for ten minutes together. Then we laughed a little.
Our tenth year anniversary is coming up. We feel very wizened. We were talking earlier this year about risk factors for divorce. We have three huge ones.
Entreprenuer
Handicapped Child
Mental Illness
Add to that that I had three family members die in '09, a nephew and both grandmothers, and Hubbend had his father die around Easter this year. We've had a lot of stress. That can be hard on a marriage.
Good grief, I love that man. There's really not much else to say. It's not the half crazed impatient love that got us here. Nor is it calm and sleeping.
It's the kind of love that has literally knitted us together, so that I don't know where I stop and he begins. Ideas, fingers entwined, parenting, and habits. We are one.
We had a nice date.

I hope you know how lucky you are to have each other. Sounds like you do.
ReplyDeleteI liked Knight and Day too. It was fun.
Great post. Blogging is great therapy. I agree.
Yum.
ReplyDeleteAnd no kidding on those risk factors. Trophy Husband and I had quite a few at our place, too. Maybe knowing/recognizing them is a key to conquering them.
Yay for 10 year anniversaries. It's like we're twinsies.
Awww - I'm so stoked you got to go on a real date. I think just talking about risk factors shows a lot - most on the brink of divorce seem like they never talked at all and wonder how they got there. In August - we hit 20 years together and I've never been happier. I'm so glad you are too. You deserve nothing less.
ReplyDeleteDate night is so rejuvenating, isn't it?! And we do forget how to do it. We get so wrapped up in the kids and work, being pulled in every direction, and finding time for each other is just one more "thing to do." But, it always ends up being well worth the effort.
ReplyDeleteGood on you for taking the time from your stressful lives and focusing on each other! Wish I lived closer...we could trade babysitting :)
This is beautiful! You and your husband are so lucky to be going through it all together.
ReplyDeleteSo happy for you!
ReplyDeleteAwwww.. I love that you guys are so in love. You are one. That's just the way it is supposed to be :)
ReplyDeleteGlad you had such a good date !
wonderful and sweet! Hot dates should be cherished, and I am so glad you had one : )
ReplyDeleteYou obviously have a strong bond that can't be broken. that is such a blessing.
ReplyDelete