Skip to main content

Evil Master Plan


Summertime is upon us. Somehow I thought getting home from vacation would mean the beginning of life perfection. I ignored that miss THANG is out of summer school, Chickadee's therapists are circling ever tighter as she reaches discharge age, and life just continues to complicate itself.

I've been thinking about it for a long time. Almost the entire time that I've been blogging in fact. I need more balance to help with this crazy schedule. Jenn at Watch my Butt Shrink gave me the idea.

  1. I will only blog/write/tweet when Hubbend is at work.
  2. I will write my blog in time to post it in the morning.
  3. I will read and comment last, so that I can keep up with my writing
  4. I will put my health first, mentally, physically, emotionally
  5. I will put my family next and let nothing interfere.

I've been putting it off for a long time, and hadn't wanted to. But, for the next month I will have to keep up with my family and put them before my blogging. So, I will try to get you a comment or a reply if you comment on my blog. I'm so sorry if that makes you not want to read anymore. My schedule simply was not sustainable. I love you all, and I'm finally ready to make my way out of maintenance and back into weightloss. But only if I manage all this stress I'm living with.

So, that is my plan.

Do you do things differently in the summer?



*photo by Old Shoe Woman*

Comments

  1. Don't stress JBS. You don't have to blog daily to stay loved!! I'll knock on your door every few days just to check in, but if you're not home you won't lose me forever. That's the beauty of having your own online stalker!! Take care ... and look after the people in JBS-ville. L

    ReplyDelete
  2. I applaud you for coming up with a way to add balance. And there seems to be a current trend in the blog world of bloggers slowing down in posting or even stopping altogether. Must be something in the air! I agree with Langdonwns that you don't have to blog daily for US, but maybe it is a good outlet for you. Do what works with your life and makes sense and makes you happy. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The most important thing, the thing we all wish for you, is for you to take care of yourself. I am proud that you're making that decision.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No worries! Family has to come first! And YOU!

    I always blog at night to post in the morning. It seems to work the best for me and not get in the way of family time too much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good plan. Let me know if there's anything little I can do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Because I yet to have kiddies, my summers are the same as normal life. The decision that you have made sounds like a good one. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great plan to me! You are so right about putting your family first. And wise to recognize that if you are stressed by family responsibilities and feeling obligated to blog you will not be able to reach your goals.
    I find myself blogging and commenting less when my kids are out of school. Summertime is just too busy and blogging has to take a backseat to my family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You gots to do what you gots to do. I love summertime. :3 I can't think of anything I do differently off the top of my head though... Anyway, I hope your plan is a great success!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you!!! I went to an aa meeting the other day where the woman chairing had the topic of balance. She said she actually drew out a pie chart of her life and filled it in with the various aspects of her life that were mostly always present and require time management to fit in. At age 65 with no grandchildren close by and all grown kids, her main priority was self care, which is so easy to put on the back burner.

    Your prioritizing family is fantastic, but also that you are putting aspects important to YOU on the list as well...like writing over commenting. Bravo, JBS. You are a wise woman, and your family is lucky for that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I'm surprised I gave you an idea since I haven't been posting much, lol!
    When I first started to "let go" a bit from the blog, I really did feel guilty. But very soon afterward I felt RELIEVED. And you know what - I know people are still reading, and I'm okay with getting less comments. I'm also reading other blogs less, and I have a harder time feeling good about that, but I'm getting better and giving myself permission to NOT be perfect!
    And you will too. I don't read a blog because I want that person to read mine or comment on mine. I read blogs because I LOVE that particular blog, for whatever reason. So your readers will be the same, I'm sure - they will read whenever you post because they love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you. Our families and ourselves should always come first.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha! Girl you took the words right out of my mouth! I don't think you are being harsh if you don't comment as often. Honestly, I joined a lot of blogs which I later deleted from my subscrition list. I figure if I leave lots of comments on their page and they don't reciprocate, then it's not worth investing my time. And time is precious. I like your new plan of attack. I put #5 ahead of #4, which often can be my demise. But you have to remember that in order to best take care of your family, you have to take care of yourself.

    I like your evil master plan...muuuwaahahaha! (Insert evil cackle).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome list, dearest. Looks like we hatched our evil plans from the same egg ; )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I reply to comments in email. Email me at

journey . beyond . survival at gmail . com
if you'd like me to reply.

Popular posts from this blog

It's Here

We got the moving truck rather unexpectedly. It's more expensive than Mr. Survival planned, so we're doing a lot of lifting, cardio, and squats. No. We're not doing the bootcamp in a trailer. We ARE moving things to the new garage, since we can't move in yet, but they're being kind enough to let us dump in a storage manner. Sorry. I'll have to beg your forgiveness and promise to update you. Eventually.

I Found True Happiness

It feels like I've become a detached voice, writing but not feeling on this blog.  I'm living a lot of things that don't fit neatly into my bloggable ownership file. Even now, I've spent an hour with this tab open to write a new post and I've done absolutely everything else possible.  For once I can't put a finger on what I'm feeling.  I don't fit into any definable box. On one hand, I'm spending an hour in therapy with Chickadee and another hour round trip three times a week. Mr. Survival is fighting off unemployment blues. We cannot shake things up and have me go to work. I'm not going to go to FitBloggin'11 . But, on the other hand, Chickadee is STANDING in the stander for minutes instead of seconds! Chickadee is grasping things momentarily for the first time in eighteen months. I'm so in love with Mr. Survival it's unbelievable. We are tighter as a family than we ever have been. I'm stressed and frustrated.  I...

Flying With Concrete

Today I wanted to write about my dreams. Full of hope and bliss and fulfillment. Yeah, I sound about as light as a bucket of cement. Ready to fly away. Hang on, while I toss out the top of the pile. Maybe that will help me find my lofty aspirations. Nope. Thing is, I'm remembering today that I'm afraid of heights. Really. Once Hubbend made me climb up three stories of scaffolding. Broke it all down for me and left me no other choice. Made me feel irreplaceable. Yes, we must remember that I am crazy friends. Leave it to me to feel important by being told to go up a towering structure of death. I did it though. And I even wired a speaker while I was up there. But I'm still afraid of heights. So. Do you wanna help me out today? For every comment that tells me something someone wants to be able to do that they can't do now I will do one minute of exercise. Really. Because of my child care situation, it will have to be tomorrow morning. So have at it. ...