Skip to main content

BYOC


Okay. Drazil commented on my last post. Then I wrote her back and said, "You are so so so cute. Sorry about BYOC. I forgot. Boo." Then I read her post. Read it. Yeah. That last paragraph? That's me burning in SHAME.

1. Seeing that it’s a patriotic holiday of sorts I thought of this one: Where were you on September 11th?

I was at NC State in English class. The teacher was gone a long time while we were writing out essays. When he came back, he looked very stricken. He told us vaguely about the first plane and hurried back to where he could catch up on anything that had happened. When he came back he told us about the second plane. Class ended and we walked in a haze to classes. I was standing in the hallway when I saw my first TV. They were showing unfiltered footage, that was later removed from all airways. The buildings were on fire and people were jumping. I will never forget those images. By the end of the next class the plane had crashed into the pentagon and the field. We all went home and called our families.

2. What is your idea of fun? If given the chance to skip work/life for an entire day, what would you do? (assume you’d be by yourself)

I just want a computer and a huge drink of water to type away uninterrupted, then a chiropractor followed by a massage and 8 hours of sleep.

3. Suggestion from a follower. Some blog questions.

How many blogs do you follow?
137. I checked yesterday for Drazil.

Do you read them all or just your faves? I try to. But now I really can't. So I do those that comment. Unless I'm totally unplugged. Otherwise I do a few key word searches in Google Reader so that I can try not to miss anything important.

Do you comment a little, a lot, on all? I comment on everything I read. Unless I've been pooped on or otherwise rendered helpless.

Have you ever unfollowed someone because of something they said or you didn’t like their blog? Yes. But it was because it happened routinely and we just weren't compatible. Plus they had no idea who I was. So it didn't really matter.

Do you routinely unfollow and why? No. Not unless you count randomly feeling overwhelmed every couple of months and editing the list for 'incompatibles' or phantoms.

4. Repeat question. Pick one day and one healthy thing you’ll do for just that day next week.

Monday Tuesday Wednesday I'm going to the beach in NC. I'm going to relax. I'm going to get four posts written. I'm going to come back a new woman. Perfect and impossibly likable.

5. Repeat "Make someone a superstar" question. Whose blog or blog comment stuck with you this week and why?

Pam. She's been through HELL this week. Go read it. I believe that term is justifiable to my own mother. Really. Read it HERE.

Comments

  1. I stopped in at Pam's to offer support. Poor girl. Now I did not mean to guilt you into BYOC but I loved it just the same....and girl, I love you. You make my heart sing. I see JBS in my inbox and I light up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I know I am much older than you! I was on a field trip with my son's class and we got called back. I came home and sat glued to the TV set.

    That is a lot of blogs to follow! I try to comment often so I would have to keep my numbers down. I admit that I have "unsubscribed" because I just don't have time to read and comment on them all. Gotta prioritize:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you'll be completely likable by the time we're together. I was getting worried.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE having a large blog roll. And even better now that I have discovered all I need to do is go to my dashboard and only view the ones that have posted during my blog hour.
    You look different! Love it. Lighter. Fresh. A reflection of how you are feeling?
    Cyber hugs across the oceans.
    L

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bliss out, girl! Allow yourself to let the reality match your dream, which relaxed me just reading it. Aaaaahh . . . ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. --Where were you on September 11th? I was at home getting ready for work (CA time). I had been working out to a DVD and when I was taking out the DVD the news popped on. It was so tragic finding out about it. Our work called everyone telling us not to come in.

    --What is your idea of fun? By myself? Maybe a scrapbooking day, or shopping (assuming I had unlimited money too), maybe a movie, hang out with friends

    --How many blogs do you follow? Good question...I don't know.

    --Do you read them all or just your faves? I try to. But sometimes I see a downer title and move on.

    --Do you comment a little, a lot, on all? I don't comment on everything. There are too many. I comment on the ones that catch my eye. The ones that keep me captivated long enough to read it all.

    --Do you routinely unfollow and why?
    No. I haven't done this yet. It's getting to be a lot of people to follow though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was very pregnant with my son on Sept 11. I was on Cape Cod visiting my mom and we went to the post office and they were all glued to the TV. It was so unsettling..to put it mildly..to be pregnant and know I was bringing this baby into a very unsettled world. I remember sitting in my moms living room watching as the towers crumbled down. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've not yet done a BYOC but love reading everyone else's responses. Glad you participated! If you ever unfollow me, I'll figure it out...just saying.

    I unfollow people who don't write for months and/or I start finding their blog just isn't for me anymore. I don't think there's anything wrong with that at all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found you through MrsFatAss, and find what I've read so far to be haunting and beautiful and familiar (except for the baby-with-a-disability thing, which means that I am probably Overly Dramatic and just a big whiner whilst you actually have, you know, Heavy Stuff to deal with. All the time.)

    Anyway, then I read that you were at NC State on September 11, which means you are but a wee kitten but rocked that Wolfpack just like I did. Only you did it, like, way later. This news felt oddly like a tenuous-six-degrees-of-separation thing and made me happy for some reason. And then you said you were at the beach in NC. And that made me jealous.

    I'm going to remind myself RIGHT NOW that hello, this is a comment, Stefanie, not a NOVEL, but I did want to say I find your writing resonant and raw, and I will be back.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I reply to comments in email. Email me at

journey . beyond . survival at gmail . com
if you'd like me to reply.

Popular posts from this blog

It's Here

We got the moving truck rather unexpectedly. It's more expensive than Mr. Survival planned, so we're doing a lot of lifting, cardio, and squats. No. We're not doing the bootcamp in a trailer. We ARE moving things to the new garage, since we can't move in yet, but they're being kind enough to let us dump in a storage manner. Sorry. I'll have to beg your forgiveness and promise to update you. Eventually.

I Found True Happiness

It feels like I've become a detached voice, writing but not feeling on this blog.  I'm living a lot of things that don't fit neatly into my bloggable ownership file. Even now, I've spent an hour with this tab open to write a new post and I've done absolutely everything else possible.  For once I can't put a finger on what I'm feeling.  I don't fit into any definable box. On one hand, I'm spending an hour in therapy with Chickadee and another hour round trip three times a week. Mr. Survival is fighting off unemployment blues. We cannot shake things up and have me go to work. I'm not going to go to FitBloggin'11 . But, on the other hand, Chickadee is STANDING in the stander for minutes instead of seconds! Chickadee is grasping things momentarily for the first time in eighteen months. I'm so in love with Mr. Survival it's unbelievable. We are tighter as a family than we ever have been. I'm stressed and frustrated.  I...

Flying With Concrete

Today I wanted to write about my dreams. Full of hope and bliss and fulfillment. Yeah, I sound about as light as a bucket of cement. Ready to fly away. Hang on, while I toss out the top of the pile. Maybe that will help me find my lofty aspirations. Nope. Thing is, I'm remembering today that I'm afraid of heights. Really. Once Hubbend made me climb up three stories of scaffolding. Broke it all down for me and left me no other choice. Made me feel irreplaceable. Yes, we must remember that I am crazy friends. Leave it to me to feel important by being told to go up a towering structure of death. I did it though. And I even wired a speaker while I was up there. But I'm still afraid of heights. So. Do you wanna help me out today? For every comment that tells me something someone wants to be able to do that they can't do now I will do one minute of exercise. Really. Because of my child care situation, it will have to be tomorrow morning. So have at it. ...