Skip to main content

BOO

this post was written friday july second in anticipation of vacation time


Look. I'm not trying to be dramatic. I'm not composing the most artful way to tug at your heartstrings. This is just how it is.

Tonight my daughter cried at me after I'd put her to bed. I came to see what was wrong. Her legs hurt from the muscles cramping in her legs as the tendons shorten and make it harder and harder for her to stand. She had gas that was hurting her belly and she desperately wanted me put her binkie back in for a small measure of comfort. She wanted me to hold her and help her fall asleep.

I hate Rett Syndrome right now and I honestly just want to forget about it for a while. The only reason why I'm writing this is because $500,000 is on the line again, and I'll be damned if I don't do everything I can to get that money into the hands of researchers.

Even if it's too late for my baby.

Please vote. Be obnoxious. Get people to notice.

Comments

  1. Bless her heart...and God bless you for your tireless campaigning! Of course, that is what a Mama does. doesn't she?? Prayers that the money will be awarded to this cause. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Binkys are life savers in very stressful little peoples lives, so self calming. Hang on girls keep boyed up we are voting on our end like mad. Wish all my facebook friends would do it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What you're doing is exactly what you should be doing! I just wish I could do more to help.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll vote till I drop :)

    -hugs-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep doing what you're doing JBS! You are doing so much already and I am right here with you. Every day I go in and vote and get frustrated right alongside you as we remain at 3rd place. Keep voting people!
    And keep hugging that beautiful girl.
    Cyber cuddles from Aus.
    L

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am terrible about commenting mostly because I am so techno lacking. I wanta go to the beach soooo bad it's been like forever since I have seen that ocean kind of view. Have fun soak up the sun and oooh enjoy let her feel the sand and maybe the water if she likes it. You deserve to have a fun day. My day so far has been great.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I reply to comments in email. Email me at

journey . beyond . survival at gmail . com
if you'd like me to reply.

Popular posts from this blog

It's Here

We got the moving truck rather unexpectedly. It's more expensive than Mr. Survival planned, so we're doing a lot of lifting, cardio, and squats. No. We're not doing the bootcamp in a trailer. We ARE moving things to the new garage, since we can't move in yet, but they're being kind enough to let us dump in a storage manner. Sorry. I'll have to beg your forgiveness and promise to update you. Eventually.

Flying With Concrete

Today I wanted to write about my dreams. Full of hope and bliss and fulfillment. Yeah, I sound about as light as a bucket of cement. Ready to fly away. Hang on, while I toss out the top of the pile. Maybe that will help me find my lofty aspirations. Nope. Thing is, I'm remembering today that I'm afraid of heights. Really. Once Hubbend made me climb up three stories of scaffolding. Broke it all down for me and left me no other choice. Made me feel irreplaceable. Yes, we must remember that I am crazy friends. Leave it to me to feel important by being told to go up a towering structure of death. I did it though. And I even wired a speaker while I was up there. But I'm still afraid of heights. So. Do you wanna help me out today? For every comment that tells me something someone wants to be able to do that they can't do now I will do one minute of exercise. Really. Because of my child care situation, it will have to be tomorrow morning. So have at it. ...

Hippity Hop

I hope it doesn't matter that it's been a week or so since my post on her...but I do have a fabulous special needs daughter.   THIS   and   THAT   are my most recent musings on Special Needs parenting. I'm not sure what I think about either one. It's about being out in public.   Thanks to Sunday at Adventures in Extreme Parenthood   I can handle this blog hop on a week as crazy as this.  I'm excited to visit all these excellent blogs. Stay tuned next week though, for updates on Chickadee's G-tube surgery, moving and The Beast and it's sugar-free diet.  Thanks for playing along at home. I really couldn't do it without you all. Oh, and visit my Facebook Page to see how my weigh-in went this week for GAG.   **I just figured out that  Super Mommy to the Rescue  and Autism Learning Felt  are the sponsoring blogs.  Please follow them if you link up!