Skip to main content

Tales from the Crypt



3:43 am


Beansprout scares me to death.  He's had a nightmare.  I take him back to bed and try to snuggle him back to sleep.  It works as long as I'm touching him.  If I twitch, he's up like a jack knife.  Finally I tell him he's just got to be brave.

4:15 am

Tossing and turning.  Beansprout goes potty.

4:30 am

Jerk awake by a scream.  Moaning like a mummy I drag myself out of bed and schlump my way to Beansprout's bed.  I blindly pat my way around the bed.

He's not there.

I hear it again and I realize where he is.  Beansprout is right next to me on the ladder of their bunkbed yelling at miss THANG, who is blissfully asleep.  I pat his calf. He jumps out of his skin and rattles the ladder like a cage.

Apparently he was trying to ask her if she wanted someone to cuddle with.  "She wasn't listening," he tells me petulantly.  It seems that she must have been doing it on purpose because that is why she does it when she's awake.

I went back to bed, but I just can't settle my mind back to sleep.  I get up and get some work done for an hour before starting in on my normal day.

I'm going to stay home.  Do laundry.  Try to take a nap.

Try to make it till after lunch...
*photo by ittybittiesforyou*
*******************************************************************************
Please note that there is a widget installed at the top of my blog allowing you to vote to give $250K in research money for Rett Syndrome, the disabling condition that Chickadee has. Please visit my site to click through if you are reading from emails.

If you are reading from a Reader, you can click on this link to VOTE

You can sign up for daily reminders HERE

Comments

  1. Ugh! Sorry you werent able to get much sleep. Hope tonights a better night (and maybe you can get a nap today...maybe draw fake eyes on your eyelids so the kids think you are awake?

    And just to let you know, I voted...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really glad you had your little getaway with your husband because now that I'm catching up, it seems you were going to need it to get through the next couple of days.

    There's not one thing I can say to you that will make it better but I will keep you in my prayers today - that you'll be given supernatural strength and rest to make it through.

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You help me vividly remember the days (and nights) with young'uns - sleep disturbances, nightmares, wet beds.

    Helen's right - that brief getaway was timely for you and Hubbend. (I just love saying Hubbend!) Hang in, as you always do. You have many friends and much love here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh...get some rest today. I hope tonight is better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your nap was more successful than your night! Hugs to you - every time I think about weaning Daniel back into his own bed, I think about things like this and leave him sleeping right next to me...of course that is an easy thing when hubs works nights and he's an only child.
    Hoping tonight is more restful for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes! I hope you got to squeeze in a nap today. I remember waking up my parents quite a few times because of bad dreams...for some reason mom is the only one who can make it feel better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I literally feel the exhaustion in your words. We have had so many storms lately that sleeping through the night for my two girls seems impossible so all 4 of us end up in bed together which is sooo super comfy...NOT! Hang in there...you're such a great mom by the way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I reply to comments in email. Email me at

journey . beyond . survival at gmail . com
if you'd like me to reply.

Popular posts from this blog

It's Here

We got the moving truck rather unexpectedly. It's more expensive than Mr. Survival planned, so we're doing a lot of lifting, cardio, and squats. No. We're not doing the bootcamp in a trailer. We ARE moving things to the new garage, since we can't move in yet, but they're being kind enough to let us dump in a storage manner. Sorry. I'll have to beg your forgiveness and promise to update you. Eventually.

I Found True Happiness

It feels like I've become a detached voice, writing but not feeling on this blog.  I'm living a lot of things that don't fit neatly into my bloggable ownership file. Even now, I've spent an hour with this tab open to write a new post and I've done absolutely everything else possible.  For once I can't put a finger on what I'm feeling.  I don't fit into any definable box. On one hand, I'm spending an hour in therapy with Chickadee and another hour round trip three times a week. Mr. Survival is fighting off unemployment blues. We cannot shake things up and have me go to work. I'm not going to go to FitBloggin'11 . But, on the other hand, Chickadee is STANDING in the stander for minutes instead of seconds! Chickadee is grasping things momentarily for the first time in eighteen months. I'm so in love with Mr. Survival it's unbelievable. We are tighter as a family than we ever have been. I'm stressed and frustrated.  I...

Flying With Concrete

Today I wanted to write about my dreams. Full of hope and bliss and fulfillment. Yeah, I sound about as light as a bucket of cement. Ready to fly away. Hang on, while I toss out the top of the pile. Maybe that will help me find my lofty aspirations. Nope. Thing is, I'm remembering today that I'm afraid of heights. Really. Once Hubbend made me climb up three stories of scaffolding. Broke it all down for me and left me no other choice. Made me feel irreplaceable. Yes, we must remember that I am crazy friends. Leave it to me to feel important by being told to go up a towering structure of death. I did it though. And I even wired a speaker while I was up there. But I'm still afraid of heights. So. Do you wanna help me out today? For every comment that tells me something someone wants to be able to do that they can't do now I will do one minute of exercise. Really. Because of my child care situation, it will have to be tomorrow morning. So have at it. ...