I got everyone to go to the Farmers' Market last night.
Okay so I was going to go with miss THANG to reconnect with her, and Hubbend begged to come along. I was grumpy and catty. I said sure, and then made everyone sorry as we got ready to go. I growl, snap, and snarl, but I'm getting to be more civil about it. Like an unashamed grumpy old man.
So, skipping to the part that really matters- I ate well at a restaurant. We walked to the restaurant from the market. We did not leave the restaurant even-especially-when Chickadee freaked out. We walked back to the market for the van. And guess what miracle occurred?
We all ran! For fun! Even miss THANG who is extremely self conscious about being left behind and usually doesn't even try to run. I had to really coax her, but it was like a flashback to when I was in Jr. High and first gained weight when my parents hit a rough patch in their marriage. I knew exactly how she felt! We worked it out and we had a lot of fun.
Beansprout was beaming because he beat everyone to the van. Chickadee was shrieking with delight because I was swerving her all around in her wheelchair as I ran and encouraged miss THANG. Hubbend was happy to crank up his AC zone and miss THANG was delighted while running but looked like puce death once she stopped. And me.
I was so happy we did it.
Lifestyle Victory for me! May it be the first domino!
p.s. I've been at my low maintenance weight 194 for two days. Including ice cream. I also walked 3 miles on the treadmill and another 6.65 miles the rest of the day. TooT TooT!

"Active Family" indeed! How stupendously awesome for you, including those fantabulous numbers! Awesome for you ALL, sweets. ;)
ReplyDeletelovelovelove.
ReplyDeleteyouve worked your a** off to get to this post!
Wow! Look at you! Love it love it.
ReplyDeleteGo, JBS family!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteThis post really made me smile:)
ReplyDeleteAwww how nice.
ReplyDeleteSounds like it was a great time.
I think this is WONDERFUL & I am so happy for you! Each outing will become an event like this, and you all deserve happiness.
ReplyDeleteWonderful day and I'm happy for you but I wish I was there too :)
ReplyDeleteI always wondered what it reminds me of that annoying state of mine appearing once a day... an unashamed grumpy old man. yup that's who I am. I guess that's why I prefer grumpy old men to any kinda old women. It's my nature.
Toot! Toot! Indeed!
ReplyDeleteI want to play with your family too!
ReplyDeleteIsn't it fun to act silly and be playful?
As adults we need to do that more and the kids love it when we participate with them.
Bravo on a nice outing and finding your inner child.
This was barnone the most awesome post I've read in a long time! So happy for all of you!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great post! And thank you thank you thank you for your encouraging posts! They ALWAYS make my day! :)
ReplyDeleteGreat job! You are changing more than just your life, you are changing the life of those around you.
ReplyDeleteToot toot is right! LOVE this post and love that you did this. Woohoo - nice job on the miles too!
ReplyDeleteSCORE' didn't you just get done saying you wanted to race your kids on the 25th. Your amazing and you have won, now if only I had a prize to give you. Well maybe having a party is the best kind of prize to get. So glad eveyone got in on the fun.
ReplyDeleteI can just picture that in my mind right now! You'd be surprised how a lifestyle change can influence others, even if you think they aren't aware. (And if you ate well at one of those restuarants that usually sit near the farmer's market...you know, the "Grandma's Cooking" genre, then I give you a HUGE high five)!!
ReplyDeleteLOL!!! Your life sounds like a book!!!
ReplyDeleteLove it!!!
Wooot woooot!!! Sounds fantabulous. I read this while stuffing my face with ice cream. Hmmmm
ReplyDeleteLeanne (aka Deep Fried Fruit)