MrsFatass introduced me to my dear friend Drazil. Given the sad crazy state of my life at the moment, I thought it would be fun to participate in something she regularly does on Fridays. Here are her questions:
Get your crazy creative thinking caps on and answer would ya? I love getting to know all of you better!
1. This comes from my post yesterday about me bragging that I can still wear the same earrings I wore in high school….got me to wondering…how many piercings do you have? (the ones you can tell us about anyway – *wink wink)
I am so boring. So boring that I'm unique! I have none. Absolutely zip. It was against the rules for me to get my ears pierced at all before I was eighteen. Then, I never had the money to buy the earrings I loved. Expensive taste you know.
2. I’m asking this one because I’m getting another tattoo soon…and even have plans to get one of a lizard – my little Draz – because this blog and you all have become a major part of my life. Anywhoozle – how many tattoos do you have? If you have none and wanted to get one – what would it be?
No tats. I sure hope I'm gonna make up for this later!
3. If you’ve ever suffered from a weight-loss plateau, what’s your best advice to get past it?
I love Draz's response about sobbing hysterically and sucking her thumb. For me I usually plateau for the same reason. I'm emotionally disturbed about something and being strict with my eating isn't conducive to dealing with it.
Like Chickadee regressing, or Hubbend's dad passing away. Or from before in my life, my parent's marriage, my boyfriend breakup or my married life crisis. I'm learning when I'm upset and dealing with something difficult, it's time to take it easy and focus on maintaining my weight. Gotta be nice to me.
4. This is a repeat. I liked last week’s challenge for BYOC and I saw a lot of people this week follow through on the promise they made last week. You pick one thing for just one day next week that you want to do….and mentally doing it for the one day can totally jump start more successes. And I feel like I can do anything for just one day.
It's time for me to participate in the YumJared Challenge and swear off added sugars and desserts for a week. I've popped five sets of two marshmallows this morning because they are there. I'm dealing better with Chickadee's regression, and I'm doing all I can to help her. I'm still not saying I'm back on the weight loss train, I'm just expecting more of myself to get ready to be there.
*sigh* It is time.
5. Repeat *make someone a Superstar* question – what's your favorite blog or comment of the week?
I got a good laugh over Mrs. Fatass’s secret to no razor burn blog this week.
Me too!
Comments were hilarious and supportive and just generally wonderful this week. Do you all know how much it means to me to have this much support? It is hard to not be able to get out and read all of you. What with the projects I've had and summertime schedules, it just turned to disaster when the power went out.
Let's just say regarding yesterday's wink-wink: Ya'll DON'T want to be jealous. So I won't make you that way. Then you won't have to go calling me a liar to make yourselves feel bettah.
-a very happy womanly wifey
Peace out my lovelies!
Be well,
~Draz
*********************************************************************************
Please note that there is a widget installed at the top of my blog allowing you to vote to give $250K in research money for Rett Syndrome, the disabling condition that Chickadee has. Please visit my site to click through if you are reading through FeedBurner.
If you are reading from Reader, you can click on this link to VOTE
You can sign up for daily reminders HERE

First, can I just give you a hug? {{{hug}}}
ReplyDeleteSecond, you too can tatoo (or even pierce)! Took me until I was 48 to do it but I did it. I suggest if you decide to pierce that you ask that hubbend of yours for the earrings you want as a birthday gift of some such.
Hope you get lots of rest and love and peace this weekend.
OMG - you so need a tattoo - something very meaningful of your "journey beyond survival"....oh the possibilities. I think a storm possibly....with a rainbow in the background..or something. I'm honored you joined BYOC.
ReplyDeleteHey about the no sugar challenge you can do it besides if you win the bottle of liquid stevia and you have craving attack just lick the outside of the bottle and it should hold you for a bit. I suggest Dark Chocolate or French vanilla and Hazelnut is devine. C boy asked me "what the heck I was doing licking a bottle" just this morning so I told him try it, I have now noticed that it is gone. I better go hide my other ones now.
ReplyDeleteThat was a really cool post and I learned so much about you!
ReplyDeleteI am going to have to check out Drazil.
No tats for me, don't care for them but know many who do.
I have two ear piercings, no more!