Grumpa thanks for teaching me how to spit watermelon seeds. And for fighting in the Pacific in World War II. Thank you for your service. I hope someone kisses you today on that endearing bald spot on your forehead for me.
Grandpa, I'm sorry that your service was so hard for you. I wish we had known somehow about your bravery. We couldn't possibly have thought more highly of you, but somehow it seems more balanced to me. You should have been honored in your life for your Purple Heart. We miss you. Thank you for your service.
Hubbend and miss THANG: be careful driving back to us. We miss you! And NO TEXTING. If I text you, it's because you've led me to believe you've stopped. By texting me!
Be good. Be active. Choose Fruit.
Grandpa, I'm sorry that your service was so hard for you. I wish we had known somehow about your bravery. We couldn't possibly have thought more highly of you, but somehow it seems more balanced to me. You should have been honored in your life for your Purple Heart. We miss you. Thank you for your service.
Hubbend and miss THANG: be careful driving back to us. We miss you! And NO TEXTING. If I text you, it's because you've led me to believe you've stopped. By texting me!
Be good. Be active. Choose Fruit.
ahhh texting and driving.
ReplyDeleteI just lock my phone in the trunk now :) sad I need to in order to avoid stop light temptation---but I do.
have a great day!
Texting and driving is a terrible thing. It's illegal in Australia. Is it there too?
ReplyDeleteI like the tribute :o)
Love the tribute:)
ReplyDeleteHate texting and driving. They just made it illegal here. (Kansas).
Beautiful about your g'pa -- hope your family gets home safe and soon! We'll choose fruit - got some cherries & watermelon all ready to go! Have a wonderful day!
ReplyDeleteAwesome Tribute. My grandpa was in WWII, the Army. My husband was in the Marines and was still in service at 9/11. My grandpa passed before i was born, but I always felt I knew him from my mother's stories.
ReplyDeleteMy sister texts and drives...she's 19. Needless to say - I don't often ride with her. :) HAve a great Memorial Day!
Nice tribute...God Bless America!
ReplyDeleteEveryone is comenting on texting and driving so I gotta say when cell phones began doing all sorts of things other than letting you talk to someone I got scared! I'm getting more worried about this madness by the minute and I'm just 25. Imagine what we will be worrying about in 5 years. Total madness!
ReplyDeleteNice tribute. *hugs*
Such a sweet tribute....
ReplyDeleteThat was a lovely tribute to your Grandpa.
ReplyDeleteHope everyone has safe travels getting home today!
Lovely tribute to your Grandpa. I so wish human beings would try to solve their problems other than with violence against each other. Sigh!!!
ReplyDeleteI hope your family made it back to you safe and sound.