Am I ready to work on the problems I've been avoiding and stop worrying about the ones beyond my own control? Or do I need this done as quickly as possible with as little to no pain? There are two vital differences between when I'm ready to Work on my life and when I Want my perfect life.
Do I believe that:
Discipline is a part of life
- Food is Fuel
- Body is a Tool
- Solve Problems
Indulgence is key to my happiness
- Emotional Eating
- Body Hatred
- Put it Off
It all boils down to whether I'm willing to accept consequences for my behavior. Balance. Taking care of myself.
Have you any telltale imprints? Juxtapositions?

All to relevant for me this morning. I had a little food indiscretion last evening, and I put it off for several hours before finally succumbing. Our beloved dog is 11 and has a couple of lumps that I know are probably going to take him out. Just felt them yesterday, and immediately wanted to eat. As I said, I put it off for hours and let myself feel.
ReplyDeleteWhat I realized is that I can't bear the thought of going through a protracted illness with him. But I went through one with my mom caring for her as she died, and I showed up big time. Anyway - finally ate some peanuts and wheat thins. Not terrible, but a choice for which I'd rather not accept the consequences.
This is a one day at a time process. It's the life we're living - good, bad, glad, sad. It's all there and we do the best we can each day, with awareness. Hang in good friend.
Pretty much every monday you can bet that one of my goals is about stress or comfort eating. Fuel vs comfort and all. But even if I don't get it 'right' all the time, if I keep it as part of my focus, then maybe it will keep me from stringing too many of those out of control comfort eating days together. Maybe if I keep it top of mind, even if I don't get it 'right' I'll at least keep going to the gym, even on those days.
ReplyDeleteAnd who knows - maybe that IS right. Right?
As I said in yesterday's post, I want to be the girl who says, "I don't want..."
ReplyDeleteBecoming that person requires not letting the emotional overlap into the physical need for fuel.
Such a tricky balance. Keep focused on the want, let go of trying to be perfect with it, and NEVER, EVER, EVER, QUIT.
ok....I need to say so much to you!!!! First of all....I LOVE YOU!!! I SERIOUSLY wish that there were some way that I could take part of your load. I want to make things easier for you...SO BADLY!!! Second, you really are so great! You are teaching me that though life is not always easy, there is always a way to persevere!!! Third, I LOVE YOU!!! Just thought that you should know that there is someone who has heard your story and is praying for you and your fam!!!! By the way, I am TOTALLY ok if you don't comment. I know that you care and that you are BUSY :)
ReplyDeleteP.S. I DID NOT proof this LONG comment :)
What we believe becomes our reality.
ReplyDeleteTo have lasting change we have to change what we believe. We have to counter all of those negative thoughts with a new positive one. It takes time but it can be done.
If you want it you can have it. I like the saying, "If you believe it you can achieve it."
I definitely identify with the last three. Try to strive for the first three, but don't beat yourself up if it's not a perfect day...it'll cause the last three. Sorry I've been a fairweather friend this month...I see that you are just as dedicated to this blogging thing as ever...I need some of your determination!!
ReplyDeleteThey are so interrelated. One emotion sets off another and vice versa. Even during my weight loss days I really aimed for a gentle balance between being constantly annoyed at myself and giving myself positive affirmations.
ReplyDeleteThis was very deep and thought provoking. The part that most hits me personally - not worrying about things beyond my control. That is so not my nature. But it makes so much sense. And I am trying to work on it. In little steps. And making a bit of progress. Maybe you can ask yourself what little steps you can work on that fit most easily in your life right now.
ReplyDeleteI think it depends on the filter we use when we hear/say various things. When I hear the word "discipline" I feel broken and wrong. For others, the word "discipline" makes them feel strong and vital. It's important to choose words that make us feel whole, strong, able, and so on. What works for you might not work for me and vice versa...
ReplyDelete