Skip to main content

Is it Too Much to Ask?


Who knows why when one kid gets sick the others start circling the drain?  We were going to the library.  I was supposed to exercise Thursday morning. I'm hoping Friday I will get it done.  I just can't control my kids.  Fevers.  Excruciating Gastroenterology. Sheesh.

I mean, I just want them to sleep through the night, and let me walk away to go to the bathroom during the day without crying.  Or screaming.  Or spilling water all over the floor and slamming fingers in the door.  What is the game plan.  I think everyone should post their best theories of how to get it done.

My best theory is drugs.  Yes, that would do it.

This is exactly what I was hoping this blog would help me through.  The rough nights of sleep and the medical issues.  The family needing more than I can give.  Sweets sucking the life out of me.

So, as part of my maintenance I am going to post my daily weight.

Thursday 199 TOP maintenance weight.

Let's hope today's is DOWN!  hehehe.  I'll post it when I wake up.  In the comments.  Where I can avoid direct responsibility/confrontation/etc.  I did a bit better.  But I was not a good girl.


*photo by philmatthews*

Comments

  1. aww im sorry they are sickies.

    my drug of choice? nyquil. mom gave it to me so much as a kid i actually like the green death flavor now.

    mmm nyquil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always thought the hardest part of parenting was when the kids were sick. I remember when mine had chicken pox many years ago and I worked part-time and was never so glad to leave the house and turn the boys over to their sitter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, I wish I had the answer for you. Many a night(and day), I would think the same. I know this is hard, but sometimes you need to call in the troops and step away. I always had a hard time with this. I would hate that I needed to reach out, say I needed help, even if it was just for an hour or two. The guilt would kill me. But, some days, I just couldn't take it. Not one more minute. And I would call in the troops (aka Mom and Gram) and take off for a few hours. To a quiet place... like the bookstore. It was rejuvenating. And although, I often felt like I didn't want to come back, I did and felt happy to have some me-time to just BE.
    My wish for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, one of the joys of motherhood is the joy of being needed. I know it seems tough while you are in it, but try to focus on some of the joy.

    Cheers,
    Missa
    LosingEthel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Friday's weight:197

    It was DOWN!!

    Chickadee had quite possibly the worst night ever. I feel like death warmed over, and I haven't shaved. Pretty picture? Oh the details I could name...

    Not to worry. We're going to take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One second at a time. Nice that the scale obeyed your wishes. My freaking scale did not this morning, and I've been good.

    My favorite sentiment in life now for whenever the shit hits the fan is "This too shall pass." Kind of takes on a new meaning with GI issues!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post does two things for me simultaneously: 1. Make me feel for you as a mom of some very little kids (it will pass!) and 2. Make me very glad that mine are all grown up. Not sure I could take mid-life hormones combined with little ones needing my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I do remember those days and nights with little ones who are sick and me getting no sleep, hubby out of town and no relatives near by!

    You wonder how on earth you are going to get through it all but some how as a mom you do it.

    My mom always said to me what Leslie said, "This too shall pass."

    Congrats on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on the scale being down! That's such an awesome feeling!

    Thanks for your comment on my blog! I really appreciate the support!

    I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good job, love. I hope the kids feel better today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, you are doing wonderful. Each day is a new day. Each moment is a new moment. And each day your "best" will vary. I pray for you, I really do. I wish we could be closer and I could tap dance and make you laugh:) Say Hi to hubbens for me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 197! awesome! good for you!!!!!
    you poor thing! I hope everyone starts feeling better, and you can get some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh honey. You. So, I'm thinking that even in the best of circumstances our kids need more from us than we really have to give. It's the nature of the relationship. You're going great, even with hairy pits and legs. Of all the balls you have to decide to drop, shaving is a-ok.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree with Marissa - find some backup and get out of dodge for a couple of hours.

    I go WEEKS without shaving - oh well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I reply to comments in email. Email me at

journey . beyond . survival at gmail . com
if you'd like me to reply.

Popular posts from this blog

It's Here

We got the moving truck rather unexpectedly. It's more expensive than Mr. Survival planned, so we're doing a lot of lifting, cardio, and squats. No. We're not doing the bootcamp in a trailer. We ARE moving things to the new garage, since we can't move in yet, but they're being kind enough to let us dump in a storage manner. Sorry. I'll have to beg your forgiveness and promise to update you. Eventually.

I Found True Happiness

It feels like I've become a detached voice, writing but not feeling on this blog.  I'm living a lot of things that don't fit neatly into my bloggable ownership file. Even now, I've spent an hour with this tab open to write a new post and I've done absolutely everything else possible.  For once I can't put a finger on what I'm feeling.  I don't fit into any definable box. On one hand, I'm spending an hour in therapy with Chickadee and another hour round trip three times a week. Mr. Survival is fighting off unemployment blues. We cannot shake things up and have me go to work. I'm not going to go to FitBloggin'11 . But, on the other hand, Chickadee is STANDING in the stander for minutes instead of seconds! Chickadee is grasping things momentarily for the first time in eighteen months. I'm so in love with Mr. Survival it's unbelievable. We are tighter as a family than we ever have been. I'm stressed and frustrated.  I...

Flying With Concrete

Today I wanted to write about my dreams. Full of hope and bliss and fulfillment. Yeah, I sound about as light as a bucket of cement. Ready to fly away. Hang on, while I toss out the top of the pile. Maybe that will help me find my lofty aspirations. Nope. Thing is, I'm remembering today that I'm afraid of heights. Really. Once Hubbend made me climb up three stories of scaffolding. Broke it all down for me and left me no other choice. Made me feel irreplaceable. Yes, we must remember that I am crazy friends. Leave it to me to feel important by being told to go up a towering structure of death. I did it though. And I even wired a speaker while I was up there. But I'm still afraid of heights. So. Do you wanna help me out today? For every comment that tells me something someone wants to be able to do that they can't do now I will do one minute of exercise. Really. Because of my child care situation, it will have to be tomorrow morning. So have at it. ...