Skip to main content

Here We Go


Twenty miles this week.  One helping.  Fruit and Veggies.  Eighty to Ninety Six ounces.  No Sugar in PRIVATE!

Except Hubbend's exclusive brand.

I've seen some goal lists for May out there.  What are you guys doing today?

*photo by Philo Nordlund*

Comments

  1. I am writing writing writing writing as much as I can (its for work but its still a pleasure :)) and I AM NOT EDITING my flow as I go.

    Im not criticizing Im just letting it all come out as it will.

    Miz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No sugar at all? Is that even possible?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it!

    I'm going to keep my food journal through the WEEKEND. Those days seem to drop off the radar screen...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! I am going to clean out my cedar closet in the basement, the one with old work clothes that I have not worn in over a decade and may never wear again. The one with dress pants in a variety of sizes. Time to purge a bit:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm gonna "force-sleep" tonight. So going to bed early. I need to get back on a schedule.
    I'm gonna do a light walk on the treadmill. (Hell if I don't get dizzy it won't be light at all but just in case...)

    20 milles... WOW!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hubbend's exclusive brand. Brilliant. Wish I'd thought of that statement first.

    I am dealing with getting a new blackberry, as I dropped mine into a cup of coffee. AND I'm still focused on the stress eating. That's my plan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your husband's sugar...

    Good goals. My goal for today: Forgive myself for not being perfect. My goal for this week: no stress eating.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Focusing on trying to have as perfect of a week as I can prior to the next eating event on Saturday (actually there's two - ugh). But also trying to not let my perfectionism kick in so badly that I destry all my best intentions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Today, I am taking one day one day at a time. I would hate to live as if I have tomorrow when today may be all that I have! So...today, I eat well, exercise, love the Lord, and love others around me :) Hope you had a GREAT weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Miz- You go girl. That is tough to do. I'm glad you're doing it because writing becomes so much more fluid that way. I love your voice.

    @CactusFreek- No. It's not. I am trying for no sugar while I'm hiding from people. Except when I'm hiding with Hubbend...

    @Marisa- You are so supportive! Weekends are hard what with children home, husbands (goodness love them) home, and CHAOS. Good luck. I'm cheering...

    @Karen@WaistingTime- Oh that sounds divine. In theory.

    @River- hehe "force-sleep". Good on ya. I've done it prescribed. Yes ma'am. It will help you. 20 miles is mostly walking...Don't go getting light headed.

    @MrsFatass- You may use it without any attribution. Go right ahead. I forget this stuff as soon as it's out. Swiss cheese brain. You'll get great mileage out of it. RE: blackberry. Sorry. I'm really trying NOT to laugh. STress eating: turn the brain off. It works! Just not for life...

    @Laura- Mmmm-Mmmm good stuff. ;) I forgive you for not being perfect. Really. I'm sure you're going to have a lovely week eating intentionally.

    @Helen- Did you know that the Greek/Hebrew translation of perfect could be interpreted as 'fully developed'? So, anything better than last week could be termed...You are WONDERFUL.

    @Corletta- I had a dream about you. I was worried you were lost. I did have a great weekend, and you DO that lady. I'm glad you're still found. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Today I'm just grateful we didn't get flooded out and feel sorry for those who did.

    You will do great this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am jealous. I did 20 miles last MONTH and you rocked it in a week. Now I'm mad at you.

    Kidding....maybe.

    Smooches.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just wanted to stop by and say thank you for your encouraging words on my foody blog:) Sometimes, I wish I had just done this anonymously! It would have been easier for me to be "real" in a very real sense.

    Anyhow, I just wanted to tell you that you have never been anything but encouraging to me. I don't comment real often here, due to busyness...and sometimes because I just don't know the right thing to say. But I read your story and I weep for you sometimes. I pray for you. And I ask God for a miracle for your precious daughter.

    Cyber love,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow those are some awesome goals!

    I am going to try and get more sleep this week. When I don't get enough I am tempted to "feed" my tired feeling and then we all know where that ends up.

    Other wise I am going to continue to do what has been working for me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I reply to comments in email. Email me at

journey . beyond . survival at gmail . com
if you'd like me to reply.

Popular posts from this blog

It's Here

We got the moving truck rather unexpectedly. It's more expensive than Mr. Survival planned, so we're doing a lot of lifting, cardio, and squats. No. We're not doing the bootcamp in a trailer. We ARE moving things to the new garage, since we can't move in yet, but they're being kind enough to let us dump in a storage manner. Sorry. I'll have to beg your forgiveness and promise to update you. Eventually.

Flying With Concrete

Today I wanted to write about my dreams. Full of hope and bliss and fulfillment. Yeah, I sound about as light as a bucket of cement. Ready to fly away. Hang on, while I toss out the top of the pile. Maybe that will help me find my lofty aspirations. Nope. Thing is, I'm remembering today that I'm afraid of heights. Really. Once Hubbend made me climb up three stories of scaffolding. Broke it all down for me and left me no other choice. Made me feel irreplaceable. Yes, we must remember that I am crazy friends. Leave it to me to feel important by being told to go up a towering structure of death. I did it though. And I even wired a speaker while I was up there. But I'm still afraid of heights. So. Do you wanna help me out today? For every comment that tells me something someone wants to be able to do that they can't do now I will do one minute of exercise. Really. Because of my child care situation, it will have to be tomorrow morning. So have at it. ...

Hippity Hop

I hope it doesn't matter that it's been a week or so since my post on her...but I do have a fabulous special needs daughter.   THIS   and   THAT   are my most recent musings on Special Needs parenting. I'm not sure what I think about either one. It's about being out in public.   Thanks to Sunday at Adventures in Extreme Parenthood   I can handle this blog hop on a week as crazy as this.  I'm excited to visit all these excellent blogs. Stay tuned next week though, for updates on Chickadee's G-tube surgery, moving and The Beast and it's sugar-free diet.  Thanks for playing along at home. I really couldn't do it without you all. Oh, and visit my Facebook Page to see how my weigh-in went this week for GAG.   **I just figured out that  Super Mommy to the Rescue  and Autism Learning Felt  are the sponsoring blogs.  Please follow them if you link up!