I'm a dancing lady.
I drink three BigGulps of water a day.
Got to be bathing the kidneys baby.
Cranberry juice is the feminine way.
So I dance.
Fumbling for keys in the wretched old purse
Zipper is eating my skin and my pants
Don't tell my mom if I happen to curse
When my hips start to swing
The door open and it hits the wall
My phone starts to ring inaccessibly
and Chickadee is beginning to fall
How romantic it is.
To eternally know the problems caused
Inheriting organs of different sizes
Bladder and stomach are awful bemused
For my shimmy and shake
Reveal how much I've to learn from practice
Repetitive deliberate quake
From pretending to sit on a cactus.
Do it again I say for the rest of the day
One hundred times at least is best
When learning to dance it's the key to say
Again and again, bring on some more
Teach me so when the time comes
I can STOP.

Haha! I'm a dancing lady, too! Maybe we can start a new TV show - Dancing With The Peeons ;)
ReplyDeleteYou're in good company, sister!
LOL I'm with ya here as well.
ReplyDeleteNot me. Not a dancer. And not a poet either. How eloquent this was:)
ReplyDeleteWow.
ReplyDeleteYou rock.
No words. Just love and admiration. And a bit of a dance.
ReplyDeleteHugs and prayers.
ReplyDeletea fun read, and dance. sit on a cactus made me laugh:)
ReplyDeleteYou are too funny! I love your writing style! I left you a blog award over at my blog, if you do that sorta thing - so if you want come and get it. I just adored your Impossible Butterfly post, and had to give you a shout out - hence the award. You are amazing!! Can't wait to read more!
ReplyDeleteQuirky, humorous, witty, honest, and upbeat...you never fail to deliver a great post! That picture of Frank Sinatra was causing me to read it with his singing voice, haha!
ReplyDeleteOh I am feeling for you, I know that dance and add oxygen tanks, stroller,tubing,diaper bag = nightmare. I was laughing and my kids asked why? I read the post to them, my girl said "do not wear zipper pants use elastic shorts". Like she has room to talk it's levies for her. One of my boys started trying to ryhme pee with we, me, heehee. Ok I got go see about a toileteeeeeee. Bye
ReplyDelete