Skip to main content

Learned it at the Library


I have four days without my guys.

Given my state yesterday, I think its time to plan FOOD. When I feel generously well fed in a healthy way, I don't feel as much like bingeing when I feel taken care of. No need to wander.

I also have less than a week before I depart on my secret trip. My mother is coming here. That means it's time to do SPRING CLEANING. A lot of it. Like it's time to call 1-800-GOT-JUNK. But, I'm not going to freak out about it.

I know freakin out. I'm not going to clean so much that it becomes more important than feeding Chickadee, or an impediment to miss THANG's active play. I'm not even going to clean so much that it takes away my blog time. I need those minutes added into an hour or two a day. They keep me from freakin again. So do my exercisin minutes. That severely limits my cleaning exorcism.

As well as my food planning opportunities.

But, I'm okay with that now. I'm okay with dropping the spinning plates. I'm okay with them not getting picked up right away. I'm gonna be a bit of a twitchy witch if people start telling me WHEN I need to clean them up, but I will get them cleaned up in my own due time.

In short, I'm a mess. And life is still rolling. It's rolling pretty good. And my girls went to bed knowing they were loved. So did my boys.

According to my current definition:

That was a successful day.

*photo by duluthpl*

Comments

  1. Why is it we always go crazy cleaning when mom is coming? Sounds like there is a lot of excitement your way!

    You've got me curious about this secret trip...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! You just described my life! What with the plate dropping and the freaking and the food and the kids. And the successful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can sympathize with the overwhelming need to declutter when family comes. It sounds though as you have a balanced perspective on the whole thing!

    Can't wait to hear about the secret trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That should always be your definition of a successful day. If when the day is done everyone is nourished and knows they are loved, you are a massive success.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so agree with you... if my boys know I love them, that is the most important thing:) Also with you... my house needs a major cleaning. And I need a serious food plan since my hubby is leaving for a few days and my teen will do his own thing and I could eat candy for dinner. But I won't!

    So are you going to tell us the mystery destination?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whenever we go on vacay I'm always telling the Mr. that I hope nothing happens to us where someone has to get in our house 'cause I don't want anyone to see the closets! So, I understand the cleaning thing for sure. Loving your definition of a successful day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I get the cleaning thing because mom is coming. I go crazy cleaning when my mom visits. UGH!

    I am glad you have perspective and are striving for balance.

    Planning some healthy meals is a great idea. Be kind to yourself and the world around you seems friendlier as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are exactly right! Yesterday was a good day for you! You know what else, it's okay to have some plates spinning and then falling. This, hott momma, is life...mine at least! By the way...stop wringing my neck....I was ONLY KIDDING!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes...that is a very successful day...that is what matters at the end of the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know what I always do in that situation: add more plates. Hell, if you gotta clean up one, might as well clean up a hundred...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wish I lived nearby cuz I would come over and help you! I'd have you put the coffee on and GO TO TOWN!

    You are my hero JBS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have got the right perspective! Caring for and playing with your children is so much more important than having a spotless house.

    I can't wait to hear about your secret trip!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't experience "mom's coming" as I live with her :) But can't wait for that secret trip either!! We all need some secret trips. I'm hoping one not-so-secret for next week or so myself. Enjoy ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know your pain - well sorta - remember me - turning down free window washing out of spite? I'm so dumb sometimes. If I was there - I'd tell you to put your feet up, run you a huge bubble bath and I'd put on my Mary Poppins apron and get out my wand and make everything magically spotless in seconds. Hell I'd even bring you cookies - I mean carrots - healthy yah - while you were in your huge bubble bath - cuz that's what you deserve. Smooches.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Here's to a successful day! :)

    I wish I had enough motivation to clean when my mother came over, she'd probably appreciate that :-P

    ReplyDelete
  16. Secret identity...secret trip...you are not playing fair. Humpf!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I reply to comments in email. Email me at

journey . beyond . survival at gmail . com
if you'd like me to reply.

Popular posts from this blog

It's Here

We got the moving truck rather unexpectedly. It's more expensive than Mr. Survival planned, so we're doing a lot of lifting, cardio, and squats. No. We're not doing the bootcamp in a trailer. We ARE moving things to the new garage, since we can't move in yet, but they're being kind enough to let us dump in a storage manner. Sorry. I'll have to beg your forgiveness and promise to update you. Eventually.

I Found True Happiness

It feels like I've become a detached voice, writing but not feeling on this blog.  I'm living a lot of things that don't fit neatly into my bloggable ownership file. Even now, I've spent an hour with this tab open to write a new post and I've done absolutely everything else possible.  For once I can't put a finger on what I'm feeling.  I don't fit into any definable box. On one hand, I'm spending an hour in therapy with Chickadee and another hour round trip three times a week. Mr. Survival is fighting off unemployment blues. We cannot shake things up and have me go to work. I'm not going to go to FitBloggin'11 . But, on the other hand, Chickadee is STANDING in the stander for minutes instead of seconds! Chickadee is grasping things momentarily for the first time in eighteen months. I'm so in love with Mr. Survival it's unbelievable. We are tighter as a family than we ever have been. I'm stressed and frustrated.  I...

Flying With Concrete

Today I wanted to write about my dreams. Full of hope and bliss and fulfillment. Yeah, I sound about as light as a bucket of cement. Ready to fly away. Hang on, while I toss out the top of the pile. Maybe that will help me find my lofty aspirations. Nope. Thing is, I'm remembering today that I'm afraid of heights. Really. Once Hubbend made me climb up three stories of scaffolding. Broke it all down for me and left me no other choice. Made me feel irreplaceable. Yes, we must remember that I am crazy friends. Leave it to me to feel important by being told to go up a towering structure of death. I did it though. And I even wired a speaker while I was up there. But I'm still afraid of heights. So. Do you wanna help me out today? For every comment that tells me something someone wants to be able to do that they can't do now I will do one minute of exercise. Really. Because of my child care situation, it will have to be tomorrow morning. So have at it. ...