
A few things that have been out of sync in my life recently that are now in sync.
- sleep
- Chickadee's therapy
- ALL Chickadee's doctors on the same page
- cleaning house
- exercise
- miss THANG's entourage of playmates [playdates]
- sterilized house [okay, so even a house that can be classified as clean]
- flowers all planted
- Four THIRTY AM wakeup call by
roosterChickadee for a week. - exercise
- clearing out my google reader
- consistently commenting
- late for appointments
I told you my theory: It's not so much that I figure out what it is I am going to accomplish every morning, it's that I figure out which balls I'm going to let drop that morning.
ReplyDeleteI embrace my complete and total mediocrity. And so do my dust bunnies. :)
Hmmm...prioritizing is not my strong suit. But it generally works out to be people first, then stuff (like house, laundry, etc.). Oh and last on that imaginary list is me. Which is okay. Until it's not. Then, I give myself a little pick me up (hour to myself, retail therapy :) , read or go for a walk). Then, I'm regrouped and ready for the people pleasin' again.
ReplyDeleteSo not helpful, I know :|
I think you are doing PHENOMENAL!
I have to admit that I have given up and lowered my standards. My house, for example, is a mess. Please don't visit without plenty of advance warning!
ReplyDeleteI am 100% with Mrs. Fatass. My days are less about what I WILL do, and more about what can be let go, what can slide until the next day. I do keep a running list of what needs doing, because without it I would forget everything, and every night I move to the top the things that cannot wait any longer.
ReplyDeleteI wish I had something magnificent today but since you follow my blog you know I'm in the midst of a war zone that I can't seem to get out of. Right now, it's just about minute by minute and I'm just powering through because all the plans keep getting kicked away. At least you've got those first 4 things in sync - and I actually thing you're doing great what with all you've got going on.
ReplyDeleteI wasn't sure if you meant priorities in life, or priorities in tasks for the day.
ReplyDeleteI guess they coincide. Mine:
1. My relationship with the Lord. When I am grounded in this life just goes better.
2. My husband and our marriage. I know people may gasp. But when we have a strong marriage I am a better mom and we have a better family.
3. My kids. (which takes up most of my time, homeschooling, etc and I am OK with that for this season of my life)
4. Writing. My passion.
5. Exercise. Again something that when it is in place makes everything else go better.
Housekeeping would totally be #6...really, I promise. ;)
Ditto what Helen said. But since my kids are grown, prioritizing my life is easier than it used to be.
ReplyDelete1. AA - if I'm not sober, all bets are off - included in this is spiritual grounding
2. Family and hubby though they are all pretty much autopilot these days
3. friends
4. blogging and writing
5. self care - exercise, etc.
I'm definitely in a reactive rather than proactive state. Whatever absolutely HAS to get done that day, I do - everything else is a crap shoot!
ReplyDeleteThe most important thing to me is waiting and praying for that technology or political decision, or some weird change on earth that will make a day 30 hours so I'll have time to do everything I need to.
ReplyDeleteCheers
Yeah...I think that everyone struggles with this. After all, we can only do so much! You do what you can and leave the rest for the rest to do! Hang in there mama!
ReplyDeleteI am a people pleaser so of course I make sure that everyone else's needs in the family are taken care of before mine!
ReplyDeleteFamily
Exercise
Healthy Eats
Clean House
Relaxing Time
If you are talking on a daily basis it goes like this;
I have learned to make my exercise in the morning the priority for starting my day, right after enjoying my coffee with hubby of course!
After that is done I make my list of things that are pending and decide what I think I can get done.
A clean organized house is important to me. I feel all out of sink if it gets dirty or the laundry starts to pile up.
Having healthy food on hand and preparing healthy meals is a daily task.
Having a little down time for blogging is squeezed in where ever time will allow.
After dinner if hubby is in town we decide how the evening will be spent. Sometimes we do something together or with our adult children who still live at home and other times we do our own thing.
Every day and every week is a balancing act.
I think you are doing an awesome job!
Let's see...
ReplyDelete1. Family
2. Exercise
3. Self examination
4. Food
5. Writing
Hope that's not too selfish.
i'm not doing so well at prioritizing lately, i'll just wait and see the good suggestions from your other commenters! i'm trying to make work and eating healthy on the top of the list, but they are sorta midway...
ReplyDelete