Skip to main content

GrrRRRR

For a quick synopsis.
  1. I went to FitBloggin March 19th.
  2. Washington DC on March 31st
  3. North Carolina on April 1st
  4. Chickadee presented her Cement Colon April 2nd
  5. I got little exercise and lots of drama for one week
  6. I met MrsFatass
  7. I went home to small town Midbest on April 12th
  8. Chickadee received her new wheelchair on April 13th
  9. April 15th was when I tortured Chickadee.
  10. I also binged on a full plate of cookies April 15th
  11. Hubbend's Daddy died April 16th
  12. I threw tantrums at Chickadee's nurses and pleaded with her doctors
  13. I finally got a Pediatric GI appointment in July
  14. I pled with the Developmental Pediatrician
  15. She got Chickadee "jackhammers" for her cement problem
  16. Chickadee got an earlier appointment for June
  17. Hubbend came home
  18. Ten hours later we went to Chicago
  19. I taught the women's meeting at church
  20. I went to Indianapolis on Monday
  21. Yesterday I had two of Chickadee's therapists come
  22. I did laundry for my Beansprout and Hubbend leaving for Phoenix
Why? Because I made it to my psychiatric nurse today. Third time's a charm. No poopy blowouts. No end of life interfering.

She wanted me to list it out. She wanted to know. Quantify. Scientifically. She thinks I'm doing wonderfully well.

It was a bad idea. The list. On the way home, with Chickadee howling over her gassy bowels, I plotted. It was lunch time. I went to DQ. I had a turkey sandwich and picked off the bacon. I have never had a DQ follow through on my request for no bacon. No More Bacon would be so disappointed. But, I also had a small Chocolate Xtreme Blizzard. I learned last week that this isn't always so terrible. Isn't anyone else rather amazed I lost after a plate of cookies and ice cream? I am. At least in the vicinity of 4.6 pounds in ten days. Stress. But, it didn't end there. I plotted and drove by Smalltown's candy shop where I could pop in and out. Get what I needed quickly. It's already gone.

It also looks like I have my solution to my strength. Muffle and gag it down with cream and sugar. Or butter. No emotions when there is too much to do.

Can you tell TOM came when my guys were leaving. Still trying to make the claws retract.

Comments

  1. 23. Your emotional plate is freaking full.

    24. Every single one of us has soothed with something at one time or another.

    25. Love yourself enough to be kind to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "She thinks I'm doing wonderfully well." That says a lot. I think you are too. But I understand I don't live inside your head - it may feel different there! Give yourself a big hug for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I feed my crazy a cheese and mayo sandwich with crushed up pringles inside. We all have our things. That's a pretty full list, my dear. I'd say you're doing AOK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with them! Hang in there. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Leslie it looks like you are doing awesome, but we don't live in your head.

    I look at that list and wonder how on earth have you done all of that and stayed as calm as you are.

    A little sugar reward isn't all that bad as long as it does not lead you down a path you don't want to follow.

    I'm still praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your list makes me tired to read it...I'm exhausted for you and super proud....you're like Rocky with your stamina or the Energizer Bunny and you deserve your sugar reward. Now go rest! Smooches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man, I would have had double bacon on that sandwich and a LARGE Blizzard with lots of peanut butter cups and stuff in it.
    You're still making choices, good choices, even in times of extreme stress. Can't ask for much more than that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are going through a lot to worry about a few extra calories here and there. It will be ok...stay strong! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow quite a list.
    Very proud of you for keeping it together! thats a lot to go through in just a short amount of time and you did it with lots of grace.

    x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I reply to comments in email. Email me at

journey . beyond . survival at gmail . com
if you'd like me to reply.

Popular posts from this blog

It's Here

We got the moving truck rather unexpectedly. It's more expensive than Mr. Survival planned, so we're doing a lot of lifting, cardio, and squats. No. We're not doing the bootcamp in a trailer. We ARE moving things to the new garage, since we can't move in yet, but they're being kind enough to let us dump in a storage manner. Sorry. I'll have to beg your forgiveness and promise to update you. Eventually.

I Found True Happiness

It feels like I've become a detached voice, writing but not feeling on this blog.  I'm living a lot of things that don't fit neatly into my bloggable ownership file. Even now, I've spent an hour with this tab open to write a new post and I've done absolutely everything else possible.  For once I can't put a finger on what I'm feeling.  I don't fit into any definable box. On one hand, I'm spending an hour in therapy with Chickadee and another hour round trip three times a week. Mr. Survival is fighting off unemployment blues. We cannot shake things up and have me go to work. I'm not going to go to FitBloggin'11 . But, on the other hand, Chickadee is STANDING in the stander for minutes instead of seconds! Chickadee is grasping things momentarily for the first time in eighteen months. I'm so in love with Mr. Survival it's unbelievable. We are tighter as a family than we ever have been. I'm stressed and frustrated.  I...

Flying With Concrete

Today I wanted to write about my dreams. Full of hope and bliss and fulfillment. Yeah, I sound about as light as a bucket of cement. Ready to fly away. Hang on, while I toss out the top of the pile. Maybe that will help me find my lofty aspirations. Nope. Thing is, I'm remembering today that I'm afraid of heights. Really. Once Hubbend made me climb up three stories of scaffolding. Broke it all down for me and left me no other choice. Made me feel irreplaceable. Yes, we must remember that I am crazy friends. Leave it to me to feel important by being told to go up a towering structure of death. I did it though. And I even wired a speaker while I was up there. But I'm still afraid of heights. So. Do you wanna help me out today? For every comment that tells me something someone wants to be able to do that they can't do now I will do one minute of exercise. Really. Because of my child care situation, it will have to be tomorrow morning. So have at it. ...