
I didn't want to write a post today.
I kept trying to think of things to write about. Nothing sounded fun. At all. That is unusual for me. I love to write. I have to write. I would write on my toilet paper before I used it if I had to. Okay, that's just gross. My point is that I haven't had this happen yet. That's 112 posts and I've been excited or anticipatory for each one.
Being the über analytic that I am, I began scouring the wrinkles in my brain for a reason. I came up with something even more puzzling. Vague excuses. Now, that made me even hungrier for a reason. Yes, this is the part where we all realize that Hubbend and chiclets should all be nominated for sainthood despite our religion. They put up with it-most of the time-when I do the following to them: I delved deeper.
The reason I found wadded up in the corner of my subconscious was deflating. Boring even.
I'm tired.
I don't want to pursue excellence. I don't want to do my best. I want to roll over in bed burrito style and erase the world.
I'm big on plans. So here's what I'm gonna do:
- Tell myself I will take the week off
- Tell myself I can sleep in
- Tell myself I can buy candy or make brownies or eat cake
Why, I'll live according to plan.
Of course.
But you still posted :o)
ReplyDeleteThis too shall pass. And like Cactus Freek said, you still posted. And I'm glad.
ReplyDeleteUmm, JBS? It's okay to be tired. But I don't like "brownies and tired and want to curl up like a burrito" posts after "I admit I'm a little depressed" posts. Just sayin.
ReplyDeleteSo, I'm keeping my eye on you. You hear me?
Aw. It wasn't funny?
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry guys it was supposed to be funny. That bulldog makes me giggle. And, admitting that I'm tired was the only thing that got me excited about writing a post.
You are all obviously much more sensitive to me and my feelings than anticipated-which is wonderful. It's not really the time to be joshing around with you all ay?
I'll fix the link. The last two lines are how I really feel about being tired. Accept it, process it, and MOVE ON. Not in a manic or depressed way. I promise this was a good epiphany, I obviously did not communicate that well in the post!
When all else fails, I have my psychiatric nurse appt tomorrow. I love you guys!
So glad you posted that comment because I was worried too. You have gone through a lot of stress lately and deserve a break to recharge your batteries. I hate to say it... but... exercise might be just the thing. Endorphins.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're admitting to some exhaustion. Now dump the brownie plan, lace up those fancy New Balance sneakers, and get out of the house! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm with Mrs. Fatass... I'll be watching you. :)
Man, that sounds so creepy...
I feel the same way every morning. :)
ReplyDeleteI have many days where I don;'t know what to write. After a while, it all starts to sound the same. And thanks for stopping by.
ReplyDeleteIm tired too, and you have so much more on your plate. So feel good for recognizing what you need, maybe take a day instead of a week, then get back up and into the groove. We would miss you too much to let you go for a week!!!! And so would your nurse!
ReplyDeleteBurritos and brownies sure sound good, though...
Sometimes refusing to waiver from plan is the ONLY approach, the ONLY way. It's OK to fake it till you make it.
ReplyDeleteOKAY....you gotta know that I am totally confused about what you have decided to do. So..do clarify ma'am :)
ReplyDeleteSo take a break, I've done it, and it works! We'll all be here when you get back, and in the mean time you can get some rest, eat some brownies and start to feel a bit better.
ReplyDeleteTime to recharge your batteries and that's okay.
ReplyDeleteLove, love, love the bulldog picture - so perfect!