FYI
The internet here sucks. No disrespect intended. I have tried to comment on so many blogs, and then lost the comment because I was no longer connected to the wireless network. I really have been keeping up with you.
You have all gotten me through a difficult week.
And now, I will be going today to meet with MrsFatass. There will be green jello with carrots. There will be three tables of desserts. There will be kickball, kids everywhere, and lots of Southern Conversation. I swear I can talk longer pleasantly to these people about nothing at all than anywhere else on earth.
But the real draw is the pig. There will be BBQ pork fresh off the grill. And hush puppies. Have you ever had hush puppies? Helen: skip the rest of this paragraph. Hush puppies are the crispest most delectable tidbit your taste buds have ever encountered. Heaven on the mouth. I'll only be having three or four-they are quite possibly the only fried food I deem worth my sweat calories-but that's providing there are any left when I come through the line.
This is a special Pig Pickin' for my family. Hubbend's daddy is terminal. He's on Hospice and he's got less than a month left to live. We'll be packing up his oxygen tanks, his comfortable recliner and heading out. We have Kiwi's that have flown in, Midbesterns (that's us) that have driven down, and all sorts of hurts and injuries being patched up.
It's going to be a long day. Epic day.
Don't y'all worry bout me. I just about cleared out the produce section of my nearest grocery store so that I can take enough salad to fill a dump truck. I have to make sure that there is something green that isn't dyed that color when I get to the table. And, I plan on pounding some pavement.
The internet here sucks. No disrespect intended. I have tried to comment on so many blogs, and then lost the comment because I was no longer connected to the wireless network. I really have been keeping up with you.
You have all gotten me through a difficult week.
And now, I will be going today to meet with MrsFatass. There will be green jello with carrots. There will be three tables of desserts. There will be kickball, kids everywhere, and lots of Southern Conversation. I swear I can talk longer pleasantly to these people about nothing at all than anywhere else on earth.
But the real draw is the pig. There will be BBQ pork fresh off the grill. And hush puppies. Have you ever had hush puppies? Helen: skip the rest of this paragraph. Hush puppies are the crispest most delectable tidbit your taste buds have ever encountered. Heaven on the mouth. I'll only be having three or four-they are quite possibly the only fried food I deem worth my sweat calories-but that's providing there are any left when I come through the line.
This is a special Pig Pickin' for my family. Hubbend's daddy is terminal. He's on Hospice and he's got less than a month left to live. We'll be packing up his oxygen tanks, his comfortable recliner and heading out. We have Kiwi's that have flown in, Midbesterns (that's us) that have driven down, and all sorts of hurts and injuries being patched up.
It's going to be a long day. Epic day.
Don't y'all worry bout me. I just about cleared out the produce section of my nearest grocery store so that I can take enough salad to fill a dump truck. I have to make sure that there is something green that isn't dyed that color when I get to the table. And, I plan on pounding some pavement.
I lOVE me some hushpuppies! I've missed you at the wee small hours, JBS. Sounds like a good day for you today. Enjoy every minute!
ReplyDeleteGiggling in Australia ! Over here Hush Puppies are a well known brand of shoes !
ReplyDeleteI want a recipe for the hush puppies you speak of!
ReplyDeleteI wanna come to the party too!
I will be thinking about you. Epic Day!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you have a plan.
This makes me smile:) Enjoy those hush puppies!
ReplyDeleteAwww - I'll be thinking of you. Hope all goes well. Tell Mrs. Fatass and her kitty I said Hello.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about your father in law. Have a great day - sounds like so much fun!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear about your father in law, and that you have to see him like this... but I'm glad your hubby has you to lean on.
ReplyDeleteHoney, I live in the South, so I guess you know why its so freaking hard to be skinny down here! I know what hushpuppies are, and they are like crack.
Stay strong my friend...somehow I know you will!
Aww that makes me sad about your Father in law.. I'm glad he is surrounded by family.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great outing! Being from Texas, it's hard to pass up BBQ! Have a great time!
Pound the pavement girl!
Come on, I'm not a food pusher but you gotta have one. Do it for me please. I'm stuck here bleaching floors so mold won't grow and carpet can be reinstalled. Puhleeze!
ReplyDeleteHoly Yum on the Southern food! My dad is from the South and I can't imagine living there and trying to eat healthy!
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about your father in law and hope that today is a wonderful celebration of your family being together.
All in all it sounds like you are holding up well under all the stress - you rock! Have fun with Mrs. Fatass and enjoy the food in moderation :)
ReplyDelete