Skip to main content

Easter Sunday


Hey!

Happy Easter Sunday to you.

What are you doing here?

Get back to family.

You don't?

You could do what I'm doing today.

My Church family.

Or, here are my favorite inspirational moments inspired by my Church.

The Value of Daughters of God

Shortcuts to Blessings

What the heck is a Mormon? Aside from someone who says "heck" a Mormon has horns on their head, and has a bajillion wives. Or, you could find out what I really believe here What the Heck. It could be a good thing to do on Sunday. AND Easter.

But, it's no skin off my nose. Really. Tell me about what you believe! Or, tell me about your family. I love to hear about you all!

*photo by Nedieth*

Comments

  1. Happy Easter, JBS. I really appreciate you sharing your faith with us. It takes courage to do that. I respect anyone who boldly claims and lives her faith, even when the beliefs don't match up with mine.

    One of my closest friends (a neighbor)is Mormon. I also have a niece who converted to the Mormon church in high school and married a Mormon guy - very happily. Her mom is now an Episcopal priest, having felt a call to ministry after several years wrestling with her daughter's faith journey. Mary (my SIL and her mom) said that her daughter's decision made her delve deeply into her own beliefs and questions.

    I believe in a loving God who deeply desires communion with us. I also believe He came in the person of Jesus to dwell among us and show us how He wants us to live and be with each other. And that we still don't quite get it. And I know God speaks through people and experiences in our lives, and if we pay attention, we can sense His presence most any time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter Blog Friend.

    Resurrection.

    Spiritual and literal for me this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little horned remark made me chuckle. We go to the largest Baptist Church in Jacksonville, and I can't tell you how many people in this city seriously think you have to have a six-figure salary to be a member, so I understand all about myths like that.
    Good for you for addressing it with humor. : )
    Hope you and your family have a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter. I hope you have tons of family fun! Take pictures!

    Cheers,
    Missa
    LosingEthel

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wondering if the sister-wives will be at the pig pickin' next week.

    I'm missing my church back home BIG TIME. The Easter season is my favorite for so many reasons. But this year I guess we're kind of worshipping sugar - thing two is already strung out on m and ms, and thing one and I are doing our best to polish off all the jelly bellies in the house.

    See you saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Leslie- Thank you so much for sharing with me your testimony. I can really feel your sincerity, and I respect you so much. You are broad minded and so accepting, and yet you have such depth of integrity. I really admire that a lot!

    @Helen- You have yet another beautiful play on words my friend. What a wonderful view on things. I have such deep feelings about resurrection, and I hope that your rising will be one filled with hope and peace.

    @Pam- Hehe. I thought I might as well get it out there and over with. It could very possibly be why I don't have a picture... But for anyone else who is a little too literal you should ask Pam. You don't need six figures to go to her wonderful church and participate in fellowship. And I don't have horns. :)

    @Missa- We are! Thanks so much. I do feel like a Rat now. FYI. Especially after trying to be moderate with sugar. Strike out.

    @MrsFatass-Well, if you don't stop being such a good friend, I may recommend you as a sister wife. Oh wait, you're already married...And my Hubbend already married me! Oh well. Maybe we should all go visit the RLDS.

    Good grief I'm probably being sacrilegious.

    Actually, I wanted to say thanks to all of you. I appreciate your sharing with me today about spiritual things. I wanted to share something deeply special to me too.

    I know that Jesus Christ Lives.

    I know that He loves me and knows who I am.

    I know that He knows and loves you too.

    I'm grateful for all He has and continues to do. For me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your post made me chuckle! I am Jewish and people usually think I have horns and a tail where I live. (the bible belt of PA)But my Hubby is not Jewish and my kids celebrated Easter with my Mother in law.
    Hope you had a great holiday and be proud of your beliefs and hold strong, because having a strong faith (in any religion) is a wonderful trait!
    Have you gotten your book yet?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Easter! We celebrated today with close friends at church, a yummy lunch, and then an egg hunt with the kiddos.
    Great Easter Sunday!

    Hope you are having a great Easter Sunday as well!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I believe that Jesus Christ is my personal Lord and Saviour and he died on the cross for my sins and was risen to life again on Easter Sunday.
    He done this in order for us to have a personal relationship with the Father through him.
    If we chose to accept this truth and hand every part of our lives and heart over to him [Jesus] then we recieve salvation for all eternity.
    And every day i need to chose, in every situation, the world or the cross?

    Happy Easter to you too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Nikki- I really admire you. To be okay with oneself religiously or any other aspect in a hometown that identifies you as different takes a certain finesse. To extend that integrity into ones' home takes even more maturity and peace of heart.

    I know for a fact that I could not do it. I can't be that generous and magnanimous. Not enough to keep a marriage healthy. You are truly strong and aught to be proud of yourself.

    I did get the Book! I got it a couple of days before I left town and was getting all ready to do a post on it. Then I forgot it at home. Look for my post the 15th or so. Thanks again!

    @Kelly- You too! I'm glad it was a good yummy peaceful day. We had one too.

    @CactusFreek-What a beautiful testimony. I hope you choose that good part every day you can! Be good. Be well. And Happy EASTER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. so so so very interesting
    thank you for sharing, JBS

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I reply to comments in email. Email me at

journey . beyond . survival at gmail . com
if you'd like me to reply.

Popular posts from this blog

It's Here

We got the moving truck rather unexpectedly. It's more expensive than Mr. Survival planned, so we're doing a lot of lifting, cardio, and squats. No. We're not doing the bootcamp in a trailer. We ARE moving things to the new garage, since we can't move in yet, but they're being kind enough to let us dump in a storage manner. Sorry. I'll have to beg your forgiveness and promise to update you. Eventually.

I Found True Happiness

It feels like I've become a detached voice, writing but not feeling on this blog.  I'm living a lot of things that don't fit neatly into my bloggable ownership file. Even now, I've spent an hour with this tab open to write a new post and I've done absolutely everything else possible.  For once I can't put a finger on what I'm feeling.  I don't fit into any definable box. On one hand, I'm spending an hour in therapy with Chickadee and another hour round trip three times a week. Mr. Survival is fighting off unemployment blues. We cannot shake things up and have me go to work. I'm not going to go to FitBloggin'11 . But, on the other hand, Chickadee is STANDING in the stander for minutes instead of seconds! Chickadee is grasping things momentarily for the first time in eighteen months. I'm so in love with Mr. Survival it's unbelievable. We are tighter as a family than we ever have been. I'm stressed and frustrated.  I...

Flying With Concrete

Today I wanted to write about my dreams. Full of hope and bliss and fulfillment. Yeah, I sound about as light as a bucket of cement. Ready to fly away. Hang on, while I toss out the top of the pile. Maybe that will help me find my lofty aspirations. Nope. Thing is, I'm remembering today that I'm afraid of heights. Really. Once Hubbend made me climb up three stories of scaffolding. Broke it all down for me and left me no other choice. Made me feel irreplaceable. Yes, we must remember that I am crazy friends. Leave it to me to feel important by being told to go up a towering structure of death. I did it though. And I even wired a speaker while I was up there. But I'm still afraid of heights. So. Do you wanna help me out today? For every comment that tells me something someone wants to be able to do that they can't do now I will do one minute of exercise. Really. Because of my child care situation, it will have to be tomorrow morning. So have at it. ...