Skip to main content

Bless My Cookie Tosser!




Here are the rules:
1. Get really excited that you got the coolest award EVER! — So wonderful.  In fact, Skinny Sushi gave me this award at a really hard point last week.  Also, I met Skinny Sushi at Fitbloggin' before we met in cyberspace.  She was very nice to the dorky me. Thank you!
2. Choose ONE of the following options of accepting the OMB award:

(a) Get really drunk and blog for 15 minutes straight, or for as long as you can focus.

(b) Write about your most embarrassing moment. — While pregnant with miss THANG I was a mothers' helper and was grocery shopping with Angelic Foghorn. The coffee beans smelled too strong to deal with and they mixed with the laundry detergent. I torpedoed my way to the bathroom and had to shove the entire cart full of unpurchased merchandise and Angelic Foghorn into the small hallway. Then, as I proceeded to hurl, Angelic Foghorn started yelling at my bottom hanging out of the stall. "What are you doing in there?" breathe "Whatareyoudoinginthere?Whatareyoudoinginthere?" breathe "What are you doing in there?" I don't think the young innocent had ever experienced someone else's cookies being tossed.

(c) Write a “Soundtrack of your childhood” post.
(d) Make your next blog a ‘vlog’/video blog. Basically, you’re talking to the camera about whatever.
(e) Take a picture of yourself first thing in the morning, before you do anything else (hair, make up, etc)and post it.

3. Pass the award on to at least three, but preferably more, awesome bloggers as yourself. Don’t forget to tell them.
  1. Soy Mami y Mas You are going through a lot. I think about you, and I am so glad you commented and emailed me. It helps me a lot to have your encouragement. You are helping me. Thanks for being engaged. I hope this brings you back to your lavender room at least once more to read it!
  2. He Took MY Last Name You are funny, encouraging, and inspiring as you take on irons, Curves the establishment, and biking hills. Thank you. You really do have a great conversational tone. And I love Brian's design!
  3. Barbara Thanks for your sweet caring comments, and the way you built me up. You are a light out there. Good job sharing it honey.
  4. Mrs. Fatass Did you know that this lady goes to nursing school, mothers two fantastic children, keeps a Trophy Husband very content AND has an awesome successful blog! What you didn't know is that this wonderful friend gave me five envelopes to stash for a tough day. Inside each one has been the perfect thing to soothe a HorribleAwfulTerribleNoGoodVeryBadDay. She is thoughtful. She is a cheerleader.

Comments

  1. Yay, glad you saw the award, and I hope it made you smile in a less-than-stellar time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol aww Journey thank you! Ill have to work on that post ....hmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the "Get really drunk and blog for 15 minutes straight" option. Ha ha ha. But not for me. Because alcohol is like truth serum for me. I get drunk and all my truths come out. And sometimes, it is just the wrong moment to do so. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the award and your sweet comments! I will post this award in the next couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're awesome. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! OMB!!! Thank you so much, Journey [or is it JBS?] . . . I was going to say something like 'you have no idea how much this means to me right now,' but then I realized you totally do, cuz you're like that. =) You really did get me back to my lavendar room, and I am so excited to work on this post!

    Humongous {{{HUGS}}},
    Connie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I reply to comments in email. Email me at

journey . beyond . survival at gmail . com
if you'd like me to reply.

Popular posts from this blog

It's Here

We got the moving truck rather unexpectedly. It's more expensive than Mr. Survival planned, so we're doing a lot of lifting, cardio, and squats. No. We're not doing the bootcamp in a trailer. We ARE moving things to the new garage, since we can't move in yet, but they're being kind enough to let us dump in a storage manner. Sorry. I'll have to beg your forgiveness and promise to update you. Eventually.

I Found True Happiness

It feels like I've become a detached voice, writing but not feeling on this blog.  I'm living a lot of things that don't fit neatly into my bloggable ownership file. Even now, I've spent an hour with this tab open to write a new post and I've done absolutely everything else possible.  For once I can't put a finger on what I'm feeling.  I don't fit into any definable box. On one hand, I'm spending an hour in therapy with Chickadee and another hour round trip three times a week. Mr. Survival is fighting off unemployment blues. We cannot shake things up and have me go to work. I'm not going to go to FitBloggin'11 . But, on the other hand, Chickadee is STANDING in the stander for minutes instead of seconds! Chickadee is grasping things momentarily for the first time in eighteen months. I'm so in love with Mr. Survival it's unbelievable. We are tighter as a family than we ever have been. I'm stressed and frustrated.  I...

Flying With Concrete

Today I wanted to write about my dreams. Full of hope and bliss and fulfillment. Yeah, I sound about as light as a bucket of cement. Ready to fly away. Hang on, while I toss out the top of the pile. Maybe that will help me find my lofty aspirations. Nope. Thing is, I'm remembering today that I'm afraid of heights. Really. Once Hubbend made me climb up three stories of scaffolding. Broke it all down for me and left me no other choice. Made me feel irreplaceable. Yes, we must remember that I am crazy friends. Leave it to me to feel important by being told to go up a towering structure of death. I did it though. And I even wired a speaker while I was up there. But I'm still afraid of heights. So. Do you wanna help me out today? For every comment that tells me something someone wants to be able to do that they can't do now I will do one minute of exercise. Really. Because of my child care situation, it will have to be tomorrow morning. So have at it. ...