
When taking Ambien:
- Hide car keys in an unusual place
- Chain and lock the fridge
- Remove phone battery
- I whine repeatedly about being on medicine that is "known to be responsible for significant amounts of weight gain". Try 10+ pounds!
- Not to mention the other medicine that caused 35 pound weight gain even though I only took it for a month. Not water weight. Believe me.
- Helen at Doing A 180 has a thyroid condition. She said, "I was running 40-50 miles a week, eating just enough to sustain myself and gained 25 pounds?!"
- I know you guys are dreadfully sick of me and my Elephants but, Elephants can kill us.
- I don't know very many bloggers[people] that admit this. But one in four of us have a mental disorder. Even if I take two of them (just to be nice) that's a lot of us. The bravest blogger I know is Susan from If You're Going Through Hell Keep Going. The title of her blog is enough to get me out of bed.
- Leslie at Something Brilliant is Brewing quoted a mini-Brilliance maker, "I wannna be good, but sometimes it's like clouds fighting sunshine."
- I know a lot of people with crippling anxiety. This creates indigestion, sleep disruption, social tension, and stress. It's so common that I won't name anyone individuality. I will say that my untreated anxiety was part of the reason I spiked into mania. 'Nuff said.
We can make it. We can do this. Falling down is not the end of the story. It's just the precipice.
Are we going to keep climbing or are we going to keep falling? I'm in this climb for life. How about you?
Thanks for posting this, fellow early riser. (When I sign on at 5:30 a.m. I know your post will be up! Love that ;) )
ReplyDeleteI appreciated Helen's post, and I also appreciate this. I am a person who is mostly together, but I do have crippling anxiety in one area of my life, and when it's activated, it really kicks my ass. No amount of reason and self calming can reel me back in. Mine is health anxiety about myself. I had enough early losses and experiences with cancer I had. (I never had it, but was traumatized nonetheless) I've gotten incredibly better in this arena, but this week had a minor issue that sent me reeling. It honestly seemed the only way to live in my skin until I saw the doc was to engage in late afternoon eating. My weight is not where I want it, but I didn't do damage. Still though, it's not how I want to cope anymore. And by the way...I'm fine.
Wow - sorry for the diatribe.
Wow! I am at a loss for words. There are so many amazing people out there with so much more to deal with than me...so I am not going to complain about anything today. Nope.
ReplyDeleteBTW - Took an ambien myself last night. Fortunately I don't have any weird stuff happen when I do. But I take a tiny dose.
I think I might actually faint right now. Please go look at my post today.
ReplyDeleteGreat post today as usual. And I am one of those with crippling anxiety. You can name me by name.
ReplyDeleteGreat post today as usual. And I am one of those with crippling anxiety. You can name me by name.
ReplyDeleteNow that I can breathe, I'm back to say I'm not sick of your elephants - they make you uniquely you. Without them you wouldn't be the JBS we all know and love. I'm glad we have the ability to pick each other up if one falls - it's the best part of blogging.
ReplyDelete@Leslie. You are one of the strongest people I know. Mostly because you overcome so much, and cheer the rest of us on! I'm glad you're okay.
ReplyDelete@WaistingTime-I take Ambien too as needed. Maybe 8 times a month and/or when Hubbend is gone. I hope it wasn't too irreverent! I firmly believe that we all-everyone-are challenged. I know for a fact that I would choose my life again if I were to choose.
@Helen-Well, that was cool! Great post.
@MrsFatass-duly noted. You are-as always-incredibly awesome!
I know what you mean about the meds and weight gain. Story of my life. Great post. :)
ReplyDeleteNice post!
ReplyDeleteI have Bi-Polar [primarily what got me fat. Long story] with a side order of ADD [It's VERY hard to teach me anything, so i'm almost unemployable]
Having a mental illness makes it just that little bit harder to keep up. But stuff it, right? We can do this!
great post today!
ReplyDeleteYour honesty never ceases to amaze me. What a beautiful post. Everybody has an "issue"...you are the brave one who puts it out there and talks about it.
ReplyDeleteI'm climbing girl straight up that dang mountain!!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteAm I climbing? HECK YES! With you and anyone else that would like to join! We are in this together mama! Now...plan a time that we can all get together!!! I know, I still can't get over that I missed a bloggy weekend :(
ReplyDeleteThank you for posting this. I can totally relate. Over the years I've been on and off medications that make you gain weight, make it impossible to lose weight and so on..
ReplyDeleteSomething most people don't know about me..I am bipolar. I also have OCD and a semi-severe (at times) anxiety issue..I don't talk about it much..
I keep going though, I'm not giving up..I'm going to keep climbing.
Like Dorey on 'Finding Nemo'....just keep swimming, swimming,swimming or for me "I will just keep climbing, climbing, climbing."
ReplyDeleteGreat post!
Ma'am...you need to send me a "personal" e-mail letting me know where you will be and when your Spring Break is. I would love to meet and eat dinner with you!!! I promise I'm not weirdy!
ReplyDeleteOkay, I can't help singing that Miley Cyrus song "The Climb" now :)
ReplyDeleteI say keep climbing...keep the faith :) Glad you're in it for life!
Great post.........so that is what life is about...climbing......!
ReplyDeleteThank you very very much for the shout out. And you have been motivating me on my own personal weight loss I have from Seroquel.
ReplyDeleteI can even have a piece of birthday cake at a family party tomorrow without guilt! Thank you sweetie!
And I LOVE your elephants!
I've always known that I have my own issues! I readily admit them. I think 1 in 4 is pretty generous statistics myself! It's probably more like 3 out of 4.
ReplyDeleteI've only realized recently that I'm extremely...anal...about things. I don't know why I've never realized this before. And I get incredibly stressed...and dare I say it, abusive with my family, when things are not going the way I think it should. My way, generally.
God has his work cut out for Him with me.
@CactusFreek- STUFF IT! is right! You tell 'em I back you up.
ReplyDelete@Lisa- You are amazing. Uh-Maze-Zing. clearly.
@Barbara- You and me girl. We are gonna fight them off back to back. Let's take it on. You don't hafta talk about it much. I promise.
@Susan- To the cake! To the Cake! I'm so happy. Tell the Seroquel where to go. Or I could if you want.
@Michelle- realizing is HUGE. I think everyone has control issues. We're all working on it. Do your best, that's all God can ask.