Skip to main content

Summit Amateur



I grouped the following together because they had similar questions:
    Leslie "What were some of the sessions? Could you pick which you attended? Did you meet Roni?"Yes, I met Roni. She was so sweet, and she remembered me because I was a whiny brat trying to come. I was flattered.

    KatDoesDiets "I want to hear about what you learned in the sessions? What were the most valuable things to you?" I liked the one about getting published best because I want to write. I really appreciated all of them though.

    Kyle and Darci said..."What were some of the most informative things you learned in the sessions?"

    Here are all of my notes from the 4 breakout sessions and keynote speaker. Completely unedited-sorry. My Facebook Page They are in the notes.


Workout Mommy great pictures---and why didn't I get the chance to meet you? Your flattery gives you away. I am a shy dork sometimes. You were so popular... Really, I looked over and even headed your way a couple of times but you were occupied. I was the tall Giantess wearing a shirt the color of my avatar that laughed like a trumpet and had on glasses. The dorky one. He He.

Diane @ Fit to the Finish Did you find the way anyone looked in person surprising? I've met a few bloggers in person and surprised at how they looked in person! MizFit was so completely buff. I have honest to goodness never seen a person so cut. I've seen a LOT of buff people. I think that probably I am the one that most people were surprised at. Everyone has their own picture of an anonymous person in their head. It was awkward, entertaining, and embarrassing.

Smart alec TJ Oh and iPhone camera trick- stay still, stay VERY STILL! lol Otherwise you get a BLUR every time. lol :) If I tell you it was my medication would you feel bad? bwahaha. You know I'm kidding . . .

Helen My question is this: did you identify yourself to anyone? Yep. Everyone I met knows my classified first name and my blog. But, I'm not sure anyone could find the real me on fb, twitter, or email. I'm a superspy.

My Lipstick Life Is there plans to do it again so I can try to go? I believe so. I heard Roni and some others talking about it in a pretty matter of fact way at the beginning. However I can't find any mention of it at the site. Roni was pretty darn wiped at the end.

Greta The "Half-Assed" book got my attention...did you look at it? Glad you are having a blast. You out of gum yet? Here is the author's blog. Let's hope Steve-below-doesn't read this question. His head might explode that we don't know who she is!

Cactus Freek "eat this, not that" I did amazon australia and searched it. Here is what they gave me: Eat This Not That. Let me know if they lied and you have to buy the planet to ship.

Steve said "Wow...you really did get lost! That looks like a scary alley. Boo!" I tried to tell you guys. Maybe if I'd been crying. . .

Jenn said..."Hah, thanks for the butt shot!! I guess it's fitting, given the name of my blog, lol!" But you were so cute blogging away there. And we didn't know each other yet. Although I did have my suspicions. You got me.

Well, for anyone who made it to the end, I hope it was worth your while. Need me to clarify anything? Want more links? Do you have anything you find more interesting you want to tell me?
*photo by andypiper*

Comments

  1. Hope Steve doesn't read what? That you didn't know who Pastaqueen was?! ACK!! :-P

    J/k, I can forgive it :) Her book and blog are really good though, so I'd recommend them.

    They should have put signs up for the run, in my opinion, especially since the vast majority of people have NEVER been to Baltimore and have easily gotten lost, but I digress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. damn. more links? this puts my upcoming post to shizzame :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that I've read your answers and some other Fitbloggin recaps, the only other thing I can think of that I want to know, is just how tall is MIZ? She looks like the tiniest thing ever. Exactly the sort of person I stand away from since I don't want to look like Gigantor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Steve-Breathe dude. Oops, dating myself again. I concur RE: pastaqueen. She is nice, funny and her website is da BOMB.

    @ MizFit-There will be no damnage to your post. Mine get ridiculous aLOT of times.

    @ Helen- SHhh! Miz may come back. (hehe) I don't think she came up to my shoulder. That would actually be about average to slightly short. She is roughly 4 inches shorter than MrsFatass. I AM gigantor, so I would make both of you feel better. Seriously, I don't think there was any fat on those arms! Cables of STEEL they were.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHA! No, it's true! Even after you take the pic you need to be as still as a statue! haha! :)

    My Mom tried to take a pic of me with a new coat that I got last winter- it took like 100 pictures to get ONE that was semi decent, but still blurry. She just didnt get it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your notes, girl...thanks so much. I will definitely want to attend next year...and when is your book coming out :)?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted to stop by and check out your blog and say "hey" and "it was nice to meet ya!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you freakin kidding me....some one stole my idea!!! I totally thought that you were just going to a random conference. Never once did I think it was one including bloggers :( Poop! Next time, you tell me...I will go too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just came over to say "hi" and also to let you know that I gave you a blog award...but I see you already have it. Oh well. You're one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did great explaning it all. MizFit does look amazing in her pics so I can imagine in person!

    By the way - Shape contacted me through the blog. I was very surprised. It was before Dr. Oz happened!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the post!!!! i love q and a's

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I reply to comments in email. Email me at

journey . beyond . survival at gmail . com
if you'd like me to reply.

Popular posts from this blog

It's Here

We got the moving truck rather unexpectedly. It's more expensive than Mr. Survival planned, so we're doing a lot of lifting, cardio, and squats. No. We're not doing the bootcamp in a trailer. We ARE moving things to the new garage, since we can't move in yet, but they're being kind enough to let us dump in a storage manner. Sorry. I'll have to beg your forgiveness and promise to update you. Eventually.

Flying With Concrete

Today I wanted to write about my dreams. Full of hope and bliss and fulfillment. Yeah, I sound about as light as a bucket of cement. Ready to fly away. Hang on, while I toss out the top of the pile. Maybe that will help me find my lofty aspirations. Nope. Thing is, I'm remembering today that I'm afraid of heights. Really. Once Hubbend made me climb up three stories of scaffolding. Broke it all down for me and left me no other choice. Made me feel irreplaceable. Yes, we must remember that I am crazy friends. Leave it to me to feel important by being told to go up a towering structure of death. I did it though. And I even wired a speaker while I was up there. But I'm still afraid of heights. So. Do you wanna help me out today? For every comment that tells me something someone wants to be able to do that they can't do now I will do one minute of exercise. Really. Because of my child care situation, it will have to be tomorrow morning. So have at it. ...

Hippity Hop

I hope it doesn't matter that it's been a week or so since my post on her...but I do have a fabulous special needs daughter.   THIS   and   THAT   are my most recent musings on Special Needs parenting. I'm not sure what I think about either one. It's about being out in public.   Thanks to Sunday at Adventures in Extreme Parenthood   I can handle this blog hop on a week as crazy as this.  I'm excited to visit all these excellent blogs. Stay tuned next week though, for updates on Chickadee's G-tube surgery, moving and The Beast and it's sugar-free diet.  Thanks for playing along at home. I really couldn't do it without you all. Oh, and visit my Facebook Page to see how my weigh-in went this week for GAG.   **I just figured out that  Super Mommy to the Rescue  and Autism Learning Felt  are the sponsoring blogs.  Please follow them if you link up!