Skip to main content

Extrovert or Introvert


I'm a little bit scared.

I whined like a 10 year old child asked if there were any more tickets going to be opened up for FitBloggin'. I pouted. I ranted on Other People's Blogs and gave up. Then, wonder of wonders the skies parted and tickets became available. Wahoo!

So I signed up immediately after I cursed the credit card company for processing my payment all day, tried to add new cards to my paypal and laughed a little hysterically at Hubbend when he asked what was wrong.

But now-being anonymous and all-I wonder if I should be a camouflage wallpaper person like the depression commercials. Or should I be as loud and obnoxious as my type suggests? Hmmm.

What a wonderful Hubbend I have. That appreciates me so much. Ahhh.



So, what's your vote? Both sides of me are real. Yes, I am obnoxious (in private which unfortunately seems to apply to this blog) and I am also quiet (in public which qualifies as this event)

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh I am so freaking excited to meet you. No words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I have totally had the same conversation with myself. My voice on my blog is all me, but a lot of times it's just the me on the INSIDE, because on the outside I'm often anxious and fidgety and shy. So, we'll see what happens. My worry has been "what if people think I'm not funny in real life?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you're making me wish I had signed up to go. I want public and I want pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say be unabashedly and totally yourself. Every bit you. It's the only way to go. I know nothing about it - where can I read up on it? Heard of it maybe. It's awesome that you're doing this for yourself. I'll be interested to hear all the details in your post-game show!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just be yourself. Girl...as an EXTREME EXTROVERT, I have just realized, in the last year, that I also have an introverted side. To be honest, this is how, I think, my body /mind/soul copes with the extreme extrovertedness (new word). Be whoever whenever. Who the heck says that you have to be just one?!?! Not me momma :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. First, I'm jealous. LOL, so wanted to go to fitbloggin, but since I live in CO can't afford the travel expense, etc.
    Second, just have fun! Everyone will love you I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just be yourself, whoever that is in each moment:) And have fun! And come back and report for the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I don't care which way you go - I'm just so excited to meet you!!!!
    Seriously - just be however you want to be. We already love you - can't change that now.
    See you on Saturday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am completely crapping myself about FitBloggin. Nervous as hell and worried about having not a soul to talk to. So, if you see a woman (in MOM jeans) crying in the corner...it's me :D

    Btw, LOL @ joggunning!!! See you there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I say let your freak flag fly! You are a charming person so you should have NO trouble making contacts and having fun.

    ENJOY yourself, make the most of your time there and we look forward to hearing ALL about it!
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your obnoxious side, but I vote you play it by ear as long as you're enjoying yourself. :3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Be yourself and be public if you feel comfortable with it. I'm so glad you are going - have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. well I'm only just now meeting you, but you seem pretty normal-fine-fantastic to me! FitBloggin, here we come! woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. totally wish I was going to meet you and the other bloggers. I agree with Diane --just be your wonderrful self. Please take lots of pictures to share...

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is pretty neat that you get to go after all!

    You just have to be the you that people in blog land know you as!

    Hope you will be blogging and letting us know what is going on there.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds all very exciting!
    Just be you, whatever part that is at the time :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yeah!! I'm so excited that you get to go after all!!
    I say start off quiet, and then build up to obnoxious. At least that's the way I usually play it, usually without actually meaning to. I'm like you though, I'm obnoxious in certain venues, but painfully shy in others.
    Either way have a GREAT time and can't wait to hear all about it!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I reply to comments in email. Email me at

journey . beyond . survival at gmail . com
if you'd like me to reply.

Popular posts from this blog

It's Here

We got the moving truck rather unexpectedly. It's more expensive than Mr. Survival planned, so we're doing a lot of lifting, cardio, and squats. No. We're not doing the bootcamp in a trailer. We ARE moving things to the new garage, since we can't move in yet, but they're being kind enough to let us dump in a storage manner. Sorry. I'll have to beg your forgiveness and promise to update you. Eventually.

I Found True Happiness

It feels like I've become a detached voice, writing but not feeling on this blog.  I'm living a lot of things that don't fit neatly into my bloggable ownership file. Even now, I've spent an hour with this tab open to write a new post and I've done absolutely everything else possible.  For once I can't put a finger on what I'm feeling.  I don't fit into any definable box. On one hand, I'm spending an hour in therapy with Chickadee and another hour round trip three times a week. Mr. Survival is fighting off unemployment blues. We cannot shake things up and have me go to work. I'm not going to go to FitBloggin'11 . But, on the other hand, Chickadee is STANDING in the stander for minutes instead of seconds! Chickadee is grasping things momentarily for the first time in eighteen months. I'm so in love with Mr. Survival it's unbelievable. We are tighter as a family than we ever have been. I'm stressed and frustrated.  I...

Flying With Concrete

Today I wanted to write about my dreams. Full of hope and bliss and fulfillment. Yeah, I sound about as light as a bucket of cement. Ready to fly away. Hang on, while I toss out the top of the pile. Maybe that will help me find my lofty aspirations. Nope. Thing is, I'm remembering today that I'm afraid of heights. Really. Once Hubbend made me climb up three stories of scaffolding. Broke it all down for me and left me no other choice. Made me feel irreplaceable. Yes, we must remember that I am crazy friends. Leave it to me to feel important by being told to go up a towering structure of death. I did it though. And I even wired a speaker while I was up there. But I'm still afraid of heights. So. Do you wanna help me out today? For every comment that tells me something someone wants to be able to do that they can't do now I will do one minute of exercise. Really. Because of my child care situation, it will have to be tomorrow morning. So have at it. ...