
Current weight: 209 lb.
Difference: -1 lb.
BMI: 29.1
Difference: -0.3
% body fat: 32%
Difference: -2.1%
I like my scale now. Ha, ha. It still gave me a range, but I chose the high end since it was a loss even though higher.
It was a rough night. Beansprout couldn't sleep so he crept into my bed at 2 AM. Chickadee woke up at 1 or so. Then again at 5 AM. I'd put her favorite toy in her crib. I waited until 5:30 to go check on her and see why the music wasn't calming her down. It was then that I realized something that I've been putting off facing for two or three weeks.
Chickadee is weaker. She can't turn over to the right from her back anymore. Nor can she turn over to the left without physical prompts. Which totally sucks.
I've been waiting to see if she was sick. Or just extra tired for some reason. Or anything.
But no. I can't pretend anymore. I've known the regression window was still open. But, I was hoping that was a minor technicality. Blech.
I wish Hubbend were home. I gotta go jogunning. Now.
First off, CONGRATS on the weight loss and more importantly staying on track as best you can. It is imporatnt to keep putting your best foot forward for your kids but most importantlly for you!!!!
ReplyDeleteIf you do not mind me asking:
What does that mean for Chiackadee??? Does it mean she is getting worse?
Take a deep breath and try to not stress. Chickadee needs a healthy mom to be there for her!
Sending as many positive thoughts I can your way, love to the beautiful Chickadee and I hope things pick up. When I have a moment plan to read your entire blog to get her history. Remember I may be in another country and a stranger but I have big shoulders if you ever need to email me to just offload (mdally@internode.on.net). Martine xx
ReplyDelete@lor- 1. THANK YOU!!! I'm excited! 2. It means that Chickadee is regressing again. It means that she will lose more skills. I'll have to see how far it effects her. She may bounce back a bit, but when a Rett Syndrome child is regressing at this age it means they probably won't get them back.
ReplyDelete@Martine- Oh you wonderful wonderful woman. If you click on her tag at the end of any post that is about her, it should take you to a list of them. Early on in my blog I called her Special Girl so that tag too. Thank you for your offer. It would be nice to be able to send out distress missives. (hugs)
Praying for Chickadee, and your strength to see her through her challenges. Great job on the weight loss... keep up the great work!
ReplyDelete[[HUGS]] for you and yours. It sucks when one of your kids is sick and you feel so helpless :o/
ReplyDeleteDon't accept what our limited knowledge of medicine tells you. Anything is possible through faith :o)
Prayers to you and all your little brood. So sorry to hear about Chickadee. It must be heart wrenching to watch your child lose some facilities she previously had. I told you I work with several young adults with Retts - very challenging.
ReplyDeleteim so sorry she is regressing
ReplyDeleteim so proud of you for losing a pound congrats