
I did not forget my weigh in!
You probably did, but I didn't. I posted last week that I might need a new scale. Funny thing is, I wasn't being sarcastic. Here are my weigh in numbers over four hours:
- 214.6 *eeek*went potty
- 212.8 ate breakfast
- 210.9 exercised 1 hour
- 211.6 *hovered there rest of day*
I've decided that I'm going to give myself the benefit of the doubt and say I did get to 210.6. I'm obviously hovering around there with the stress of the hospital trip, TOM, and the anniversary. Stress=distracted. That is bad for the scale. Oh well. I'm actually celebrating.
Why? I have TWO NonScale Victories.
ONE: I went from 13 miles last week to 19.86 miles this week. Woo-Hoo. One of my GOALS was to run 20 miles a week. Another was to run 5 times a week. Well, next week, I'm gonna get that 20 miles. And I got 6 days in!
TWO: I have not binged. I have slipped. I freely admit that. But I blogged, I got back up, and I kept moving forward. That's progress. Especially since it's been a hard week.
Also, I have cut and pasted the following from Snap Shots:
Introducing Snap Shots from Snap.com
I just installed a nice little tool on this site called Snap Shots that enhances links with visual previews of the destination site, interactive excerpts of Wikipedia articles, MySpace profiles, IMDb profiles and Amazon products, display inline videos, RSS, MP3s, photos, stock charts and more.Sometimes Snap Shots bring you the information you need, without your having to leave the site, while other times it lets you "look ahead," before deciding if you want to follow a link or not.
Should you decide this is not for you, just click the Options icon in the upper right corner of the Snap Shot and opt-out.
Finally-to go for a super human length of post-HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! Thank you to everyone who commented yesterday and gave me such a boost. It's a hard time to be alone responsible for three little Chiclets, but my blogging friends really make a difference. I made my mom's sugar cookies. I know most of you are shrieking in your poor little heads *No! No! No!* But the truth is: it's necessary. I tried to go without sugar in my life for a year. It did not work. I know I'm an addict, but this time I'm committed to training myself in moderation. Besides that the last time I tried to bypass the three generational tradition of sugar cookies at Halloween and Valentine's Day, I got so homesick I got pretty depressed and ended up having to make an unscheduled trip home. I think it's a more effective therapy to try to deal with moderation. And more cost effective too.Thanks again. And Happy Happies to you!
One of my thinnest friends runs around chanting "everything in moderation" because she's so tired of the diet mentality that has become prevalent. For me, I think the more I try to deny myself, the more I tend to overeat when I "can" have whatever it is again. Great job on your running - wow! Be careful not to ramp up too fast because you certainly don't want aches, pains or injury to send you backwards. I think you're doing fantastic, really!
ReplyDeleteWhat Helen said. So true that when I finally decide to have "forbidden fruit", the I go for the whole fruit tree and all it's relatives. There has to be a moderation switch somewhere within, and I'm determined to find it eventually. In the mean time, there ARE certain things that always flummox my efforts and make me vulnerable to bingeing. I like your distinction between bingeing and slipping. Not the same thing, unless I make them so. Great post.
ReplyDeleteModeration...what a concept. GREAT JOB!!
ReplyDeleteThat scale would make me crazy!!
Congratulations on not bingeing. That is a huge success :)
Keep running like that and I think the pounds will probably begin to fall.
ReplyDeleteI don't think your scale is broken, hon, I think our bodies are just CRAZY because I've been there, done that too! I've fluctuated by as much as 5 pounds in a day. Weirdness.
ReplyDeleteI think sugar-cookies are therapeudic, too. That takes some willpower not to binge on them...kudos!
I'm glad you made it through the weekend, and a brand new week is right around the corner!
Happy valentines day!
Great job on the non scale victories! You are doing great with the running. My weight fluctuates a lot every day, so I just weigh at the same time every day.
ReplyDeleteI try and moderate my life with regards to foods. It's been a process though.
I like the snapshot idea... Sorry your vday kinda sucked like mine. We push through though and deal right?! Anyways... Love your blog. I definitely look forward to reading more... :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the follow! Good to meeet you on this journey together! I look forward to commenting on your daily mile too!
ReplyDeleteModeration is where I am at with my eating. Nothing is off limits but I must eat within the boundaries of true hunger & politely full. 23.5 pounds down and MANY more to go.
Lets DO this!
@Helen- I think I like your friend that runs around chanting. :) Also, not to worry. I am walking three days for an hour getting 4 miles. The other three days I am jogunning half an hour and getting 2.5 miles. I'm more tired on the days that I walk right now! I was ready to kick up the speed again on my jogunning days but ... it'll have to wait until after I get used to the walk! haha
ReplyDelete@Leslie- Have I told you today that I like you? You always point things out to me that I say that make me feel smart. I've got to find it. I can't spend the rest of my life scared of something silly like food.
@Lisa "One Mom's Weight Loss"- Did you know we posted the same thing? :) Actually, I cheated and gave away 90% of our cookies. But that was tradition too.
@Matt- I hope so!
@Julie V.- But did you notice that I lost a pound after I ate breakfast? That makes no sense. Also, the thing that tipped me off was last week I forgot my weight. So I weighed myself again 5 minutes later, and I'd gained a POUND. I DON'T THINK SO!!! I'm gonna stop yelling.
Thanks for being so sweet. Nothing against you. *thinking about driving over scale*
@Diane Fit to the Finish- My mom makes whole wheat pancakes. And we were a family of 9 too. Until my sister was born when I was 19 and my 'baby' brother was 10. It was fun to see your family blog. I'm sure it is going to be a life-long process. Ugh.
@Kristen @ Change of Pace- Gotta keep dealin'. I look forward to seeing and reading you!
@My Lipstick Life- You're welcome! I've decided friends on dailymile are absolutely essential. HOLY COW! You've lost a ton of weight. Bring it! We're gonna kill this thing. (that sounded so white)
awesome workout
ReplyDeleteand no binging your doing great