Did you see that?
A monster is coming. I've set traps.
I drink a lot of water. It acts as a moat. But the monster swam it.
I ate a healthy apple. Satiate the appetite. Somehow, the monster knew I missed breakfast.
I had handy dandy snacks in the car. To tame the beast. Unfortunately the monster was only momentarily deterred.
When stress came, I blogged far away from food. Monster followed me.
It had conversation hearts.
I thought of my friends, the ones I will blog to. The monster cowered.
I teased a few friends on daily mile. Taunting, the monster showed me a cupcake.
I wavered.
My hubbend left me for a week to take care of ill parents. The monster hovered over me.
It had the conversation hearts and the cupcakes together.
But, I had to finish my post. I had to finish commenting on my friends' blogs. Miss THANG came home from ballet. It was time for dinner.
The monster is melted. For now . . .
A monster is coming. I've set traps.
I drink a lot of water. It acts as a moat. But the monster swam it.
I ate a healthy apple. Satiate the appetite. Somehow, the monster knew I missed breakfast.
I had handy dandy snacks in the car. To tame the beast. Unfortunately the monster was only momentarily deterred.
When stress came, I blogged far away from food. Monster followed me.
It had conversation hearts.
I thought of my friends, the ones I will blog to. The monster cowered.
I teased a few friends on daily mile. Taunting, the monster showed me a cupcake.
I wavered.
My hubbend left me for a week to take care of ill parents. The monster hovered over me.
It had the conversation hearts and the cupcakes together.
But, I had to finish my post. I had to finish commenting on my friends' blogs. Miss THANG came home from ballet. It was time for dinner.
The monster is melted. For now . . .
You Monster fighting Rockstar you!
ReplyDeleteGreat post!! You keep fighting!!
ReplyDeleteKeep the good work up mama! I too thought about my blogging buddies during a difficult time. I love it that we are "here" for one another.
ReplyDelete** I've got you babe...dun dun dun dun...I've got you babe..... :)
Keep fighting that monster - you can do it!
ReplyDeleteHe might whisper sweet nothings to you now & make you feel sort of good for a brief moment...but that moment will quickly be gone & you'll be much happier without him. :)
Have a great weekend,
Lynn
Damn Monster! Sweet Victory for you! Thanks for the comment. Your doing great.
ReplyDeleteLooking at your blog. I think I'll be back! Good stuff. Like your style.
im still here
ReplyDeletejust had 2 snow days around here and i couldnt get to my computer
how have you been doing
yea i know i totally have to sit there and remember not to say anything lots of times cuz you are right they just stop and lose focus
ReplyDeleteim only back for a day then i wont have a computer again this weekend
yuck right
i was in a funk T.O.M sucked the life outta me lol but im back and better than ever :)
HAHA (: way to beat that monster! this reminds me of those commercials.. umm.. you know.. the one's with the HUNGER MONSTER? (:
ReplyDeletegreat post!!!! I have met that moster recently and he is a tough one to battle!!!!
ReplyDeleteWow! Thanks for commenting guys! That's really nice to see. Especially when Hubbend is gone. Extra validation makes up for missing his brand of southern sugar. :) Which-ya know-helps me tame the MONSTER.
ReplyDelete@Roxie- your comment made me smile so big my cheeks hurt.
@Lisa "One Mom's Weight Loss"- my dukes are up!
@Corletta- That song will never be the same for me. And I like it that way! :) thanks for being someone that pops in my head.
@Lynn "Actual Scale"- I will. After your sweet nothings reference, I think I will carry mace. After all, I'm not one to get seduced!
@BEE- well then, I will just have to enjoy what we got of you today. I'm so glad his therapy went well. I'm glad you're out of the funk. I found out one blog friend was hiding in a funk, so I hunted all of you down! Don't mind me. Just tell me "Nunya Bidness" and I'll go away.
@anotherFATgirl- I don't watch TV. Please don't tell me I'm plagiarizing some commercial! I have Hulu. They should really broaden our social horizons on Hulu. I feel like such a dork sometimes. No relatable commercials ... ;)
@lor-Thanks! I hope you win! Let's trade battle tips sometime.
Those monsters, they are universl. Some days you cope better then others but you survived another battle. Well done and thanks for commenting on my blog regularly, it is good for my soul ! Keep up the good work. Martine (Australia)
ReplyDeleteThe @#*! likes to sneak up on you when you're alone. I watch a lot of addiction recovery programs, and isolation is key to falling off the wagon. Don't be alone. We're all here for you.
ReplyDeleteThat monster lurks around here too! He's pretty powerful sometimes!
ReplyDelete